alert Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Group 4 email out facebook fax flickr grid instagram LINK linkedin location Group 47 Group 9 Group 9 Group 47 PHONE play Group 4 " Search twitter video face_white youtube

International Students

Apply as an international student if you hold or will need to obtain a non-immigrant visa, such as a student visa (F-1) or an exchange visitor visa (J-1).

Application Procedures – International Students


Additional directions and information are available as you complete our secure online application.

English Proficiency

  • TOEFL Minimum score for Internet-based test - 80
  • TOEFL Minimum Score for Paper-based test - 550
  • IELTS Overall band score - 6.5
  • Person Test of English Academic (PTE) - 48 minimum
  • Duolingo English Test (DET) - 60 minimum (after test completion, please select Widener from the drop-down menu to send us your DET scores)
  • GTEC CBT - 1200 minimum
  • MELAB - 77 minimum
  • Successful completion at the advanced-level from one of our ESL program partners.

(Widener Standardized test code: 2642)


Course by course Credential Evaluation

  • From a NACES certified organization for all course work completed outside of the U.S. (School of Engineering will only accept evaluation from WES).

Application requirements vary by individual program.

Graduate programs offered through the School of Arts and Sciences (MCJ and MPA) and all graduate certificate programs are only available on a part-time basis and, therefore, are not available to applicants using a student visa. In addition, at this time, graduate programs offered through the Center for Education as well as the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) cannot accommodate international students.

Immigration Status and Financial Consideration

International Student Funding Source

Applicants who require an F-1 visa must provide written proof that they have adequate funds to meet the expenses incurred while studying in the United States. For additional information regarding the visa process, please visit the Office of International Student Services.