Apply as an international student if you hold or will need to obtain a non-immigrant visa, such as a student visa (F-1) or an exchange visitor visa (J-1).
Application Procedures – International Students
- TOEFL Internet-based test: 95 minimum (with no individual score below a 23)
- TOEFL Paper-based test: 587 minimum
- IELTS: 7.0 minimum overall band score
(Widener Standardized test code: 2642)
Applicants who are academically prepared to pursue a university program but are unable to meet the minimum English proficiency requirement may apply to the International Study Center (ISC) – available for School of Business, Engineering and Hospitality Management only.
Course by course Credential Evaluation
- From a NACES certified organization for all course work completed outside of the U.S. (School of Engineering will only accept evaluation from WES).
Application requirements vary by individual program
- Please consult the Admissions Requirements web page.
- Applicants interested in Physical Therapy and Clinical Psychology should send supporting documents directly to those offices.
Graduate Programs offered through the School of Arts and Sciences (MACJ, MLS, MPA)
and certificate programs for all the Schools are available on a part-time basis only.
Therefore, these programs are not available to applicants who are on a Student Visa.
Immigration Status and Financial Consideration
International Student Funding Source
Applicants who require an F-1 visa must provide written proof that they have adequate funds to meet the expenses incurred while studying in the United States. For additional information regarding the visa process, please visit the Office of International Student Services.
Please contact the Office of International Admissions if you need further assistance. E-mail: email@example.com
Phone: (610) 499-4126