Apply as a Freshman
Our admission decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Rising high school seniors, the online application for Fall 2014 will be available the week of August 5th.
At time of enrollment at Widener, you must have a high school diploma, or have a GED or the equivalent; or you must be beyond the age of compulsory high school attendance in the state of Pennsylvania or Delaware.
You may not be concurrently enrolled in an elementary or secondary institution.
As you may already know, we make our decisions to admit you on the following:
- Completed application. It's free to submit the online application!
- Official high school transcript.
- Strength of coursework.
- Class rank.
- SAT (Critical Reading and Math) or ACT scores (we’ll use your highest scores, so submit your scores for each SAT you take)
- Extra- and co-curricular activities.
- Community service.
Letters of recommendation and an essay are not required. However, if you submit recommendations and/or an essay, we’ll add them to your file. But only if you do this: Mail the documents to the undergraduate admissions office.
Keep these points in mind:
- Merit scholarships will be given to early applicants.
- Advanced Placement scores for credits must have official scores forwarded to the Office of Admissions for consideration of equivalency credit.
- High School Counselor Evaluation Form should be submitted to the Widener University Undergraduate Admissions Office by your high school guidance counselor.
Two to four weeks. That’s how long it takes to hear from us, after your application is complete.