Apply as an International Student
Widener University is just the right size to let you connect with new friends while also developing meaningful relationships with faculty that will help you exceed your career goals.
Our international student admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and it's FREE to submit the online application. After your application is complete, it will take two to four weeks to hear back about admittance.
✔ Complete an application, it's free to submit the online application!
- If you are attending a secondary school, or if you have taken fewer than 12 credits at a college or university, complete the freshman application.
- If you have attempted at least 12 credits at a college or university, complete the
✔ Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended.
- All educational documents must be accompanied by official English translations and must carry the seal or stamp of the issuing educational institution. Transcripts and marksheets may be attested or notarized copies.
- A course-by-course credential evaluation completed by a NACES certified organization will be accepted if the transcript is not in the English language.
✔ Fulfill the English proficiency requirements by submitting one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet-based test: 80 minimum (Widener Standardized test code: 2642)
- TOEFL Paper-based test: 550 minimum
- IELTS: 6.5 overall band score
English Proficiency Exceptions
- Countries that are exempt from submitting a test of English proficiency.
- Transfer Students: If you have completed English Composition I and English Composition II and earned a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution in the United States, you are not required to submit standardized test scores.
- Applicants who are academically prepared to pursue a university program but are unable to meet the minimum English proficiency requirement will be considered for conditional admission.