Apply as a Transfer Student
Transfer Application Checklist
1. Complete an application. (It's free to submit the online application!)
2. Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended* *Applicants MUST disclose all institutions they have attended. If applicants do not do so, they will be falsifying the application. If sending an electronic official transcript, please send to Pat Heckman, email@example.com. If sending an official transcript through the mail, please send to Office of Admissions, Widener University, 1 University Place, Chester, PA 19013.
3. Submit official high school transcript and SAT scores, if less than 12 transferable credits have been completed.
4. Familiarize yourself with the transfer process by reviewing the transfer student section of the website.
Transfer Application Timeline
Widener University operates on rolling admission. However, it is suggested that all applications are received by August 1st (if applying for fall admission) and December 1st (if applying for spring admission).
Review of fall semester applications will take place from January through August. Review of spring semester applications will take place from September through December. A decision is usually mailed within 2-3 weeks after the application is complete.
*Please mail all transcripts to: Widener University, Office of Admissions, 1 University Place, Chester, PA 19013
Accepted Transfer Student Checklist
1. Contact the academic adviser for the major to which you were admitted. At this time, you will discuss your transfer equivalency report and what courses need to be completed at Widener. Discussion and scheduling of your courses will also take place.
2. Pay the admission deposit by the due date indicated in the acceptance letter.
3. Submit the FAFSA form to be eligible for financial aid.
4. Complete the housing application if on-campus housing is desired.