Apply As A Transfer Student
Transfer Application Checklist
1. Completed application. (it's free to submit the online application!)
2. Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended* * Applicants MUST disclose all institutions they have attended. If applicants do not do so, they will be falsifying the application.
3. Official high school transcript and SAT scores, if less than 12 transferable credits have been completed.
4. Familiarize yourself with the transfer process by reviewing the transfer student section of the website.
Transfer Application Timeline Widener University operates on rolling admission. However, it is suggested that all applications are received by August 1st (if applying for fall admission) and December 1st (if applying for spring admission).
Review of fall semester applications will take place from January through August. Review of spring semester applications will take place from September through December. A decision is usually mailed within 2-3 weeks after the application is complete.
*Please mail all transcripts to: Widener University, Office of Admissions, 1 University Place, Chester, PA 19013
Accepted Transfer Student Checklist
1. Contact the academic advisor for the major to which you were admitted. At this time, you will discuss your transfer equivalency report and what courses need to be completed at Widener. Discussion and scheduling of your courses will also take place.
2. Pay the admission deposit by the due date indicated in the acceptance letter.
3. Submit the FAFSA form, to be eligible for financial aid. * Read a letter from Widener's Student Financial Services on FAFSA recommendations for transfer students.
4. Complete the housing application, if on campus housing is desired.