Financial Aid Services
- Lipka Hall
- tel: 610-499-4161
- fax: 610-499-4687
Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) Loans are available to parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.
The Federal Direct PLUS loan enables parents with good credit histories to borrow funds to pay the educational expenses of each dependent undergraduate child enrolled at least half time. The yearly limit on Federal Direct PLUS loans is equal to the cost of attendance minus any other financial aid.
Applying For and Receiving Federal Direct Loans
- First, complete the FAFSA.
- Fill out the Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application.
- E-sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Widener will process your application information and determine your eligibility for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
- Your Federal Direct Loan will be credited to your student’s account at the start of each semester as long as all other federal student aid eligibility requirements are met.
- Any credit balance will be distributed to the parent or student, as designated in the application.
Have a question? Contact the Financial Aid Services Department at 610-499-4161 or email@example.com.