For Veterans

Montgomery GI Bill and Post 9-11 Bill benefit programs are available to qualified veterans who want to attend Widener.

We also participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, offering matching tuition assistance to all eligible undergraduate students.

To apply as a Yellow Ribbon participant, review the VA's website where you'll find information about eligibility and applying for your Certificate of Eligibility through the Department of Veteran's Affairs.

Then apply to Widener. There is no application fee if you apply online.

If you're on active duty and want to transfer your Post 911 or Yellow Ribbon benefit to a dependent, or spouse, go to the VA website and follow the instructions for Transfer of Eligibility (TOE). 

Enroll at Widener as a Post 911 or Yellow Ribbon participant.

To apply you must be accepted to Widener University.

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, please submit a copy of the certificate, your DD214 papers, when applicable, and Widener’s Application for Veterans Enrollment Certification.

Please fax, email or mail all documentation to:

Widener University
Enrollment Services
Attn: Veteran's Services - Lipka Hall
One University Place
Chester, PA 19013-5792
fax: 610-499-4687

For assistance with school certification or questions regarding any VA Education Benefit Programs at Widener University, contact Ms. Carol Smith in Enrollment Services at 610-499-4414 or by email at

For information on the new GI Bill and specific benefit questions, please contact the Department of Veteran's Affairs at 1-888-GIBill-1.