Office of Student Life
- University Center,
- Lower Level
- tel: 610-499-4411
- fax: 610-499-1275
- Assistant Dean
- for Student Life
- Director of Student Organizations
- Director of Student Engagement
- Administrative Secretary
Clubs & Organizations
Patton Vo '15
Recent graduate Patton Vo ’15 talks about becoming his best self at Widener. Watch video.
Widener— where fun, learning, and service come together.
Having fun, becoming a leader, and making a difference are what Widener's clubs and organizations are all about. Choose from over 85 clubs and organizations — everything from sports to student government to dance to foreign languages, animé, and other interests.
We've also got an amazing line-up of campus events. But clubs are about more than making friends and having fun. Studies show that the more involved you are in campus life, the more likely you are to earn good grades and graduate on time. The more you do, the more you get done.
Endless Opportunities for a Diverse Community
Our extraordinary, inspiring students love to get involved.
- 41% of our students participate in at least one student organization, fraternity, sorority, or other campus leadership activity.
- 16% of Widener students start a club during their college career. Widener's values are part of the fun and games, too.
- Widener athletes coach and mentor kids in the Chester community as part of Northern Star Sports, a student organization founded by sports management/marketing major Annalicia Geeter '12.
- Through our after-school program, Voices for Change, Widener students teach local kids about television production at Widener's television studio.
- Special interest groups, such as Widener's Sexuality and Gender Alliance, work to enhance the quality of campus life for all students.
- Through programs like E.L.E.V.A.T.E., students get opportunities to build and enhance leadership skills.
Ready to jump into the action at Widener? Schedule a visit to learn more about Widener's clubs and organizations.