Fraternity & Sorority Life
The Office of Student Life works with over 450 fraternity and sorority members here at Widener University.
Fraternity and Sorority Life chapters are values-based organizations that promote friendship, leadership, scholarship, and service. With 3 governing councils and 12 fraternities and sororities, including 4 culturally based organizations, fraternity and sorority life provides a unique opportunity for students to be a part of campus tradition that will last a lifetime! Fraternal organizations provide great mentoring opportunities and resources, as well as scholarships and access to employment. Members of our fraternities and sororities have a strong presence on campus and an even stronger one nationally.
Did you know the following facts* about our fraternities and sororities at Widener University?
- 16% of the Widener University student population is a fraternity or sorority member.
- At least 10% of Fraternity and Sorority Life members are involved in athletics, club sports, or the university band.
- At least 20% of Fraternity and Sorority Life members are executive board leaders of non-affiliated organizations, serve as Orientation Leaders, Pride Ambassador Tour Guides, Resident Assistants, Alternative Spring Break participants and Site Leaders, Student Government Association Executive Board and Senate members, and much more!
- 17% of Fraternity and Sorority Life members belong to honors societies, and 24% are dean’s list recipients.
- The Fraternity and Sorority Life community donated over $7,500 to charities and served over 14,000 hours of community service in the 2015–2016 academic year.
- The Fraternity and Sorority Life cumulative GPA is 3.1.
- The fraternity men’s cumulative GPA is higher than the all-men’s GPA.
*The above information is accurate as of Spring 2016
The fraternities and sororities at Widener are loaded with campus leaders who do well in school, make the world a better place, and continue to make the university proud.
College Panhellenic Council (CPC)
- Delta Phi Epsilon
- Phi Sigma Sigma
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
Intercultural Greek Council (IGC)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Inc.
- Theta Delta Sigma
- Zeta Phi Beta Inc.
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- Alpha Tau Omega
- Kappa Sigma
- Phi Beta Sigma, Inc.
- Phi Delta Theta
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Theta Chi
- Order of Omega
Expansion is the formal process by which a national or international fraternity or sorority seeks to start a new chapter at Widener University with interest from a group of current students that are not currently affiliated with any Greek-lettered organization on campus. Expansion at Widener University is currently closed for all organizations. If you have any questions regarding the Expansion Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.