Office of Student Life
- University Center,
- Lower Level
- tel: 610-499-4411
- fax: 610-499-1275
- Assistant Dean
- for Student Life
- Director of Student Organizations
- Director of Student Engagement
- Administrative Secretary
Fraternity & Sorority Life
The Office of Student Life works with over 500 fraternity and sorority members here at Widener University, with 12 chapters and 3 governing councils. These groups are values-based organizations that promote friendship, leadership, scholarship, and service. The fraternal community at Widener University strives for educational programming and leadership opportunities that focus on scholarship development, service to campus, character development, risk management, and new member development to comply with the cornerstones of our founding fraternal values. The goal of the fraternity and sorority experience is to provide a lifelong learning experience that supports the values of fraternity and Widener University.
As a result of participation in Fraternity and Sorority Life, students will...
- Demonstrate personal responsibility, decision-making, and behavior that is congruent with fraternal values.
- Recognize the importance of scholarship by engaging in personal and organizational strategies that promote academic excellence inside and outside of the classroom.
- Demonstrate awareness, engagement, and an appreciation for pluralism and diverse points of views.
- Appreciate and become engaged in community service and philanthropic activities.
- Develop and enhance leadership and relationship-building skills.
- Be able to articulate how their involvement integrates with their personal and professional goals.
Councils & Chapters
Each fraternity and sorority chapter is governed by a council of elected peers. Each council provides learning experiences that support the development of each member within the fraternal community.
College Panhellenic Council (CPC) -- National Panhellenic Conference Women's Sororities
- Delta Phi Epsilon
- Phi Sigma Sigma
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
Interfraternity Council (IFC) -- North-American Interfraternity Conference and International Men's Fraternities
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- Theta Chi Fraternity
Intercultural Greek Council (IGC) -- National Pan-Hellenic Council and Culturally Based Co-Ed Organizations
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Fraternal Leadership Honor Society
- Order of Omega
Did You Know?
- 23% of the Widener University student population is a fraternity or sorority member.
- 33% of members are on the Dean’s list.
- The Fraternity and Sorority Life cumulative GPA is 3.13,which is higher than the all-student GPA.
- 46% of members are student leaders and 10% are student athletes.
- 56% of service hours are completed by fraternity and sorority groups.
Widener University’s Hazing or Expansion Policy.
For other information feel free to email us at FSL@widener.edu.