Events & Activities
It happens at Widener.
Widener’s homegrown events and activities kick off with our Welcome Back Bash and Homecoming Weekend, which includes our very own golf cart float parade. When spring fever hits, we’re ready with a karaoke-style songfest, pie-eating contest, and other Greek Week/Spring Fling antics/activities.
We make the most of our close proximity to Philadelphia, too. Our Philadelphia Speakers Series, for example, brings luminaries like former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, journalist Christiane Amanpour, and environmental advocate Robert Kennedy Jr. to campus to share their expertise.
Want to know what’s happening on campus right now? With real-time updates via Campus Cruiser, you’ll never miss out on the fun.
Check out some of Widener’s events and activities:
- Welcome Back Bash | Leave the unpacking for later, and join the Pride Activities Council as they host the first big event of the year that marks the beginning of Welcome Week. There will be food, fun, music, giveaways, inflatables, and much more!
- Student Involvement Fair | Come out and get involved! This themed event occurs every semester and gives our 80+ student organizations and clubs the opportunity to showcase their group and recruit interested students.
- Homecoming Weekend | Home is where the Pride is! Kick off Homecoming weekend with the pep rally, meet the homecoming court, and cheer on our athletic teams as they compete for the PRIDE!
- Pride Nights | Enjoy Widener’s late-night and weekend series – Pride Nights! Enjoy trivia nights, movie outings, excursions to other cities, restaurant outings, foam dance parties, casino nights, and much more! All events are free to current students!
- Greek Week | This week allows members of the fraternity and sorority life community to come together through a series of events to promote fraternal unity. The events include the fraternity and sorority life day of service, Songfest, athletic events, and a fraternity and sorority life BBQ.
- Commuter Appreciation Week | Commuter Appreciation Week is a series of events celebrating Widener’s commuter student population. Events include off-campus excursions, on-campus movie viewings, giveaways, and lots of free food during the spring semester.
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes | Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® is the international men's march to stop rape, sexual assault & gender violence, and is an opportunity for men to raise awareness in their community about the serious causes, effects, and remediation to men's sexualized violence against women.
- Senior Days | Senior Days take place over the course of two days, allowing senior students to take part in fun activities, giving them one last opportunity to bond as Widener students through wine-tasting, brewery tours, sporting events, and other outings planned by the Senior Class committee.
- Spring Fest | Play old-time games like the bean bag toss, be part of the Songfest audience, or join your friends in other outdoor activities.
Check the Experience Widener Calendar for more information and other events.
There is always so much to do on and off campus!
Schedule a visit to learn more about events and activities at Widener University.