Originally called Dormitory 2, Turrell Hall was built in 1959 and is located in the Freshman Quads complex at 14th Street and Melrose Avenue. The co-ed building accommodates about 100 first-year students in double-rooms on single-sex floors that each feature one community bathroom.
Turrell Hall features a vending area near the main community lounge on the first floor. Laundry facilities are also located in the building.
- Approximate room dimensions are 11'8" x 11'8", with end rooms measuring 12'3" x 11'9"
- Windows measure 4'3" x 3'2"
- Overhead lighting
- Furniture: two beds, two dess, two chairs, two dressers, and one armoire
- Connectivity: Campuswide WiFi, two Ethernet ports, two telephone jacks and one cable television output
About James Turrell
James Elmer Turrell was born in 1884 in Noxen, Pennsylvania. He attended Pennsylvania Military College, graduating in 1905 with a degree in civil engineering. Turrell spent much of the rest of his life working in the lumber business. However, he remained an active alumnus of PMC. From 1941-1961, Turrell served as a member of the Board of Trustees before resigning for health reasons. Over a four year period, 1957-1960, he donated over $10, 000 to the School of Science and Engineering at Pennsylvania Military College.