Student Residence Policy
All Freshman, Sophomore, and Juniors Live on Campus Unless They Qualify for Commuter Status
Living on campus provides students with unmatched access to resources and activities leading to better grades, higher graduation rates, and more time with friends! See the FAQs page for more information about the housing policy.
Cann Hall is one of several first-year residence halls, widely known as the quads/quad area. The building opened in 1960 and is located on 14th Street near University Center and Old Main.
It can accommodate approximately 100 students who live in double rooms on single-sex floors throughout the co-ed building.
The building features lounges, community bathrooms, laundry facilities, and a vending area.
- Approximate room dimensions are 11'8"x11'8"
while end rooms are a bit larger at 12'3" x 11'9"
- Windows measure 4'3" x 3'2"
- This is not an air-conditioned building
- Rooms include overhead lighting, no carpet
- Furniture: two XL beds, two desks, two chairs, one dresser, and two armoires
- Connectivity: Campus-wide WiFi, two Ethernet ports, and one cable television output
- Furniture and room layout may vary
Cann Edited - Spherical Image - RICOH THETA
About George Cann
George Turner Cann was born in Savannah, Georgia on July 22, 1866. He graduated from Pennsylvania Military Academy in 1885, after only three years, with the distinctions of being ranking cadet officer as well as valedictorian.
Using the military background attained at PMC, Cann enlisted in the Savannah Volunteer Guards in 1887 and advanced to captain in 1892. In 1897, he was appointed colonel and Inspector General of Rifle Practice of the Georgia State Troops.
Cann was a member of the Board of Trustees at PMC from 1924-1937, and was awarded with honorary degrees of master of arts in 1892 and doctor of laws in 1935. George Turner Cann died on November 10, 1937.