Student Affairs coordinates many processes to get students started. This page guides you through many of the services our incoming students need to start their semester.
Becoming a part of the Widener University Pride includes registering for classes once accepted, the option to participate in a pre-orientation experience, and attending orientation before classes start.
Incoming first-year students attend a one-day Student Summer Registration and Parent Orientation session. For students this day includes meeting fellow classmates and C.R.E.W. Leaders, taking placement exams and registering for fall courses. Click Summer Registration to learn more.
Start your first year with new friends, early arrival on campus, and the confidence to succeed before school starts!
Student Affairs offers three distinct programs that will:
- Build your friend network with incoming and upper classmates
- Ease you into the college transition
- Expose the multitude of possibilities awaiting you at Widener
All while enjoying new and exciting experiences! Want to know more? Visit the Pre-Orientation webpage.
- Pride Experience II: Orientation
- Wednesday, August 21st - Sunday, August 25th
Our Fall Orientation program is designed to help students make a smooth transition into college. All first year students are required to attend Fall Orientation.
During Orientation, students will attend a series of academic and social events aimed to prepare students for a successful experience at Widener University.
New students will be guided through each day of Orientation by their C.R.E.W. Leaders. C.R.E.W. Leaders are upper class Widener University students who are trained to answer all your questions about life at Widener.
Check out the Fall 2014 Orientation Schedule to view the ample opportunities students will have to meet other incoming students, faculty and staff.
In January the Office of Student Life offers a half-day workshop to aid in the transition of new and transfer students. This program allows students the opportunity to become acclimated with the university, resources and polices. Spring Orientation will be Friday, January 10, 2014.
- Spring Orientation check-in will occur in the Office of Student Life (located in the Lower Level of the University Center) between 12 pm and 1:00 pm. Orientation will occur from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm in Founders Hall.
- During Spring Orientation you will have the opportunity to speak to new and current students, learn about our campus resources and speak to Financial Aid (if needed).