DeLisa M. Cofer, MSN, RN
- Assistant Director, Accelerated Nursing
- tel: 610-499-4212
Accelerated Nursing Orientation
The Accelerated Nursing Orientation is a mandatory full one-day session held in June or July designed to register admitted transfer nursing students for fall classes.
This program is also a great opportunity to meet fellow classmates and CREW Leaders, explore campus life, and gain helpful information about academic and personal support services available on campus. Students should leave the Accelerated Nursing Orientation feeling prepared and connected to the campus community.
Orientation is required for all incoming accelerated nursing program students, except international students, who have paid their enrollment deposit.
Accelerated Nursing Orientation Dates
Orientation Program Registration will open in May 2019.
Please click below on the date of the session you would like to attend. Date availability is first come, first serve. After you register, a confirmation will be sent to your Widener email address.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Thursday, July 19, 2019
Full event details will be emailed three days prior to the Accelerated Nursing Orientation. Please call the School of Nursing at 610-499-4212 if you need to change your orientation date.
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
- Laptops. All incoming students are required to bring their laptop to orientation to access Widener’s system and register for fall semester courses.
- Create your new student ID (Campus1Card) by logging in with your Widener username and password. This task must be completed prior to your arrival to campus in June or July. If you experience any issues creating your new student ID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create your e2Campus Alert Account. All incoming students are encouraged to create their free online alert notification account powered by e2Campus. The notification system will be used to communicate urgent news – including information on emergencies and class cancellations – directly to your cell phone or e-mail account.
- Prepare Health and Immunization Information. All incoming students are required to submit a Health History Form and a Pre-Matriculation Certificate of Immunizations Form to Student Health Services to remain in good standing. Forms can be dropped off to a Student Health Services representative during your visit to campus.
- CastleBranch Background Check Process. All incoming students are required to complete a FBI background, child abuse, and health requirements. These requirements are monitored by CastleBranch a background screening and document tracking company used by Widener University.
- Uniforms and Equipment. All incoming students are required to have proper uniform and equipment to participate in labs and clinical. Vendors will be on-site during orientation to provide students with the option to order or purchase items the same day. Payments accepted include cash or credit card.
- Housing assignment. All resident students in accelerated nursing will move in on Sunday, August 25, 2019 along with returning students.
- Purchase a parking permit. All incoming students are permitted to have a car on campus but will need a permit
to park in a campus lot. Parking permits are valid for the academic year.
Where do I park for orientation?
Please review the Chester campus parking page for more details.