We’ve got a crush on Philly.
Only twenty minutes from Widener University, Philadelphia is the nation’s sixth largest city, and home to world-class art, culture, sports, entertainment, and history. With accessible regional public transport, you can easily commute from our main campus in Chester to an internship or co-op in Center City, Philadelphia’s thriving commercial and business district, and a great place to launch your career. Need to unwind? Spend the day exploring historic Old City, take in a Phillies game, or hang out on South Street with friends. In Philadelphia, the possibilities are endless.
A world of possibilities in our backyard.
Widener students love all the opportunities to learn, play, work, and engage in Philadelphia. Here are some ideas to check out:
- Visit the Philadelphia Zoo, the oldest one in the nation.
- Sample history, art and international cuisine in one of Philadelphia’s quirky neighborhood.
- Go an award-winning architectural walking tour.
- Take in an exhibit at the world-famous Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Franklin Institute, or one of the city’s many art, history and science museums.
- Explore sea life and wildlife at the state-of-the-art Adventure Aquarium in nearby Camden, New Jersey.
- Play mini-golf or have a picnic in Fairmount Park, the largest urban park system in the country.
- Explore the stylish boutiques of Rittenhouse Square.
When you’ve had your fill of Philadelphia, you can catch a bus or train to the Jersey Shore, Washington, DC, or New York City.
Learn more about Philadelphia.
Enroll at Widener and you’ll fall in love with Philadelphia, too.
Schedule a visit to learn more about greater Philadelphia and Widener University.