Office of Student Life
- University Center,
- Lower Level
- tel: 610-499-4411
- fax: 610-499-1275
- Assistant Dean
- for Student Life
- Director of Student Organizations
- Director of Student Engagement
- Administrative Secretary
Philadelphia One Of The Top 7 U.S. Destinations To Visit In 2017
We're not the only ones who believes Philly deserves to be in the limelight. The City of Brotherly Love is ranked among the top 50 places in the world and the top seven in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure .
As a college student, being close to the city isn't just fun – it's smart!
Widener’s serene and beautiful campus is just 20 minutes from Center City Philadelphia. Students experience the best of both worlds – the comfort of a close-knit campus community and the vibrancy of a major metropolitan city.
- Learning Through Experience
Experiential learning outside of the classroom is just as important as inside. Many courses and clubs take advantage of the world-class museums, historical sites, and cultural experiences just minutes away.
- Cultivating a Network
When it comes to networking “it’s who you know that counts” – and Philadelphia knows Widener. Students can cultivate a lifelong network through our faculty's expansive industry relations, top-notch campus visitors, and city conferences and events.
- Gaining Real-World Experience
With hundreds of business organizations and institutions in our backyard, finding a rewarding co-op, internship, employment, or community service opportunity has never been easier.
Fall in Love With Greater Philly
Our location makes it easy for students to enjoy a vibrant campus life, while also experiencing countless opportunities in the surrounding Philadelphia area.
Ideal for history buffs, sports “phanatics,” city adventurers, and outdoor enthusiasts – our location can transport students from the classroom to the sandy beaches of New Jersey and Delaware; major cities like New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.; and the breathtaking mountain views of the Poconos – all within two hours.
Philadelphia is one of the top cities in the U.S. with an art and culture scene that embraces centuries of history and diversity.
It’s next to impossible not to discover an amazing outdoor adventure while surrounded by rivers, valleys, trails, and so much more.
- Chester – Widener University's hometown is steeped in history and holds the title of oldest
city in Pennsylvania with the landing of William Penn in 1682. Did you know it’s also the birthplace of the hoagie?
- Swarthmore (10 mins) – Savor a latte at Hobbs Coffee, take in the sites at Scott Arboretum’s Crum Woods and outdoor amphitheater, or enjoy some healthy noshing at Swarthmore Co-op or 320 Market Café.
- Media (12 mins)– Dine under the stars in “Everybody’s Hometown,” mingle with faculty and friends at the Widener-hosted State Street Reading Series, or catch a performance at Media Theatre or Hedgerow Theatre. You can even try your hand at Xscape the Room!