Office of Student Life
- University Center,
- Lower Level
- tel: 610-499-4411
- fax: 610-499-1275
- Assistant Dean
- for Student Life
- Director of Student Organizations
- Director of Student Engagement
- Administrative Secretary
Outdoor Activities & Recreation, Greater Philadelphia
For being one of the largest cities in the U.S., Philly sure has a lot of green space.
Parks, Gardens, & Trails
Philadelphia is known worldwide for its parks and outdoor recreation spaces. Head north from the Philadelphia Art Museum and you'll find Fairmount Park, one of the largest urban parks in the country, or check out the first urban wildlife refuge right next to the Philadelphia airport at John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge.
Explore the rich history of Philadelphia by taking a short drive up to Valley Forge, or search for the mosaics of glass, cement, and other found objects tucked away in the Magic Gardens on South Street.
Widener's very own 30-acre arboretum is just 5 minutes away!
- Valley Forge National Historic Park (30 mins)
- Schuylkill River Trail (30 mins)
- Fairmount Park (30 mins)
- Wissahickon Creek Gorge (30 mins)
- Morris Arboretum (30 mins)
- Philadelphia Magic Gardens (30 mins)
- Longwood Gardens (30 mins)
- Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve (1 hour)
- French Creek State Park (1 hour)
Philly is the east coast hot spot for outdoor attractions. Explore the United States' first zoo at the Philadelphia Zoo, or check out Adventure Aquarium – the only aquarium in the world with hippos! You can take a thrill ride on roller coasters at Hershey Park and Six Flags, enjoy the pleasure of picking your own fruit at one of our neighboring orchards, or experience year-round outdoor adventures at the Poconos.
Zoos & Aquariums
- Brandywine Zoo (15 mins)
- Elmwood Park Zoo (30 mins)
- Philadelphia Zoo (30 mins)
- Adventure Aquarium (30 mins)
- Baltimore Aquarium (90 mins)
- Cape May Zoo (90 mins)
On the Water
Amusement & Water Parks
Farms & Orchards