Pride Recreation Center
- 17th Street and Melrose Avenue
- tel: 610-499-1323
- fax: 610-499-1029
- Director, Pride Recreation Center
- tel: 610-499-1321
- Assistant Director, Pride Recreation Center
- tel: 610-499-1322
Facility Hours (General)
- Monday - Thursday:
- 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday:
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* Modified facility hours are implemented over the summer, holidays, and during academic breaks. View the PRC calendar for specific hours.
Facilities and Equipment
Widener’s 24-foot climbing wall takes student workouts off the mats and into the air! Watch now.
Facilities and equipment to keep your health and fitness goals on track
Not only does the Pride Recreation Center provide the best facilities and workout equipment but ensures exercise can be fun with flat screen TVs and state-of-the-art surround sound.
- 24-foot climbing wall with routes from beginner to advanced and free access to harnesses, climbing shoes, and other required equipment
- Over 50+ pieces of cardiovascular equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, steppers, and rowers
- Stretching/abdominal workstations and strength training equipment such as our popular Cable Motion Series and Synergy 360 system
- Fitness rooms filled with yoga mats, stability/BOSU balls, and additional accessory equipment not offered at most fitness facilities
- An inventory of free, rentable recreation equipment
- Complimentary smart phone/tablet charging station and flat screen TVs throughout the facility
- Glow in the dark spinning room with 13 spin bikes for use throughout the day
- Multi-media conference/meeting room
Athletic Facilities & Grounds
In addition to the Pride Recreation Center, Widener boasts various athletic facilities and grounds including several playing fields, a championship-size pool, indoor field house, basketball courts, eight-lane track, stadium, baseball/ softball fields, and a sand volleyball court.
Want to learn more about any of our machines or equipment? Contact the Pride Recreation Center for an equipment orientation and tour.
Ready to make use of the Pride Recreation Center? Review the Facilities, Equipment, and General Usage FAQs.