Group exercise classes are offered to all members eligible to utilize the Wellness Center. Classes are held in both the large and small aerobics rooms on the first floor of the facility.
The large aerobic room is equipped with full-length mirrors, a variety of equipment (mats, stability balls, tubing, etc.) and stereo sound systems. The spinning room houses 13 spin bikes and full-length mirrors. Rooms provide privacy for members guaranteeing an optimal workout experience.
Rules of Participation
All members participating in group exercise classes must adhere to the following procedures:
- All class participants MUST sign-in at the front desk before entering a class.
- ONLY closed toe, rubber-soled athletic shoes and workout attire are permitted in either group exercise room.
- Participants must show up for class on time. Late arrivals can disrupt classes and may not be permitted to enter.
- Participation by a University entity will be limited to no more than 50% of Wellness Center class size limit without approval from the Director and/or Assistant Director. All such entities are permitted to request specific utilization however, prime time member usage during normal business days 3:00pm-7:00pm will have priority.
- Class participants are responsible for wiping down all equipment used with the paper towels/spray bottles provided.
- Equipment must be neatly returned to its proper location after each use.
- All equipment provided in group exercise rooms is NOT to be removed from the facility.
- All personal belongings (bags, clothes, etc) must be placed in the cubbies provided on the first and second floors of the Wellness Center or the designated locker room facility in Schwartz Athletic Center. Items are NOT to be placed on the floor or window ledges.
- The group exercise instructor has the authority to remove any individual from a class who is not abiding by the preceding policies.
- Members may use the group exercise room for personal workouts as long as a scheduled class/reservation is not in use.
- For your safety, leaving a group exercise class before cooling down is strongly discouraged.
Group Exercise Sign in policy
All group exercise patrons must sign into the Wellness Center front desk log as well as the Group exercise log prior to entering any group exercise class. All group exercise participants must sign in at the front desk (in person) with a valid Widener ID. No phone registrations are accepted. Classes are subject to change based on participation and instructor availability. Classes are offered on a "first come- first serve" basis.
Group Exercise participants can sign in 15 minutes prior to class start time for all group exercise classes offered by the Wellness Center.