Pride Recreation Center
- 17th Street and Melrose Avenue
- tel: 610-499-1323
- fax: 610-499-1029
- Director, Pride Recreation Center
- tel: 610-499-1321
- Assistant Director, Pride Recreation Center
- tel: 610-499-1322
Facility Hours (General)
- Monday - Thursday:
- 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday:
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* Modified facility hours are implemented over the summer, holidays, and during academic breaks. View the PRC calendar for specific hours.
Intramural Sports, Pride Recreation Center
Play for pride. Win for legacy.
Intramural sports bring the competitive fun of sports to students wishing to have a little team fun without joining an organized, competitive sports team. While programs vary each year, we guarantee there's always a fun option to sign up for such as flag football, volleyball, soccer, floor hockey, and even video game tournaments!
Intramural sports are typically played on campus Monday through Thursday in the evening hours on a variety of Widener athletic fields. They are offered in six week league formats as well as one- and two-day tournaments, and are open to full-time, undergraduate, day students free of charge. Teams only need to pay a forfeit deposit at the beginning of the season, which will get returned if the team shows up to play.
- Fall: Sand Volleyball, Flag Football, 3v3 Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Indoor Volleyball
- Spring: Dodgeball, Floor Hockey, 5v5 Basketball, Outdoor Soccer, Softball
- Special Events/Tournaments: Fantasy Football, Superbowl Pick'em, March Madness Bracket, Inner Tube Waterpolo,
E-games (Madden/FIFA), 3v3 Basketball, Dodgeball, Kickball, RecFest, Horseshoe/Cornhole
Visit IMLeagues.com/Widener to learn more about the intramural sports programs available this semester.
Need to borrow equipment for an event on campus? We've got you covered! Whether you are interested in shooting hoops or kicking a ball around with a friend, the Pride Recreation Center offers free equipment rentals with everything you need to play a pick-up game or host your own sporting event! Already know what you want to borrow? Fill out the equipment rental form.
For information featuring the times and dates campus locations are open for free play, view the informal recreation schedule.
Widener University is proud to be a member of the NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate Recreation.