Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance Waiver Process goes GREEN!
Effective July 2013, Widener students will transition to a new paperless student health insurance hard waiver process. Students will be asked to sign onto their Campus Cruiser WebAdvisor to annually waive out or enroll in the university Student Health Insurance plan through a single process.
Widener University requires students to have personal health insurance and utilizes a "hard waiver" process which requires documentation of specific insurance information. This practice is common on most campuses that have a health insurance requirement in order to assure policy compliance. The university offers a health insurance plan option through UnitedHealth care and can be in the PDFs listed below:
To OPT OUT of the university student health insurance plan and avoid paying the insurance premium:
- Complete the simple online waiver form located under the Student Health Services tab in your Campus Cruiser WebAdvisor.
- Before beginning the process, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- health insurance company name, telephone number, and address
- health insurance policy identification number
- health insurance policy holder name and date of birth
- If you complete the waiver process by the deadline, you will not be billed the insurance premium on your student statement of account.If you do not complete the online waiver process by the deadline, you will be automatically billed and enrolled for the university student health insurance plan.If you miss the deadline, a $30 late fee will be applied to your student account.
To OPT INTO the Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Review the university health insurance policy to ensure that the plan will meet your health needs.
- Complete the simple online enrollment form located under the Student Health Services tab in your Campus Cruiser WebAdvisor.
Upon completion of the enrollment process, you will be sent an insurance card to the address that you entered on the WebAdvisor form.