Inclement Weather & Emergency Closing Information
There are no current closings.
Campus Facilities Information:
- Athletics & Recreation Facilities: TBA
- Dining at Widener: The Pride Café in the University Center will be open. Services may be limited at other smaller eateries around campus. Visit @widener_dining on Instagram for dining facilities updates.
- Campus Safety: The Campus Safety department remains open 24/7 and can be reached at 610-499-4200.
- Counseling Services: Students with urgent counseling matters should contact campus safety at 610-499-4200, who can consult with on-call staff to determine how to proceed if a student is in distress or there is an emergency. Students who had appointments canceled because of weather should contact the Counseling Services department at 610-499-1261 on the next normal business day.
- Health Services: Students should contact the Campus Safety department at 610-499-4200 in the event of an emergency. Students who had appointments canceled because of the weather should contact the Student Health Services department at 610-499-1183 on the next normal business day.
- University Center: The building will be open, but some services may not be available.
- Wolfgram Memorial Library: The library will announce any changes to hours of operation on the library webpage. You can also follow them on social media on their Wolfgram Memorial Library Facebook page, @askwolfgram on Twitter, and @wolfgramlibrary on Instagram.
- Athletic Events: Visit widenerpride.com or @WidenerSports on Twitter for updates.
- Student Programs: Information for events hosted by the Widener Pride Activities Council can be found on their Facebook page @WUPrideActivities. For club information, contact the club's student leader or faculty advisor.
- Other University Events: In general, if Widener is closed, Widener-hosted Main Campus events are canceled. For specific event information, contact the faculty member or student organization hosting the event.
- What does it mean if the campus will operate on a delay?
- What does it mean when Widener University Main Campus is closed?
- What happens when classes are canceled?
- What does it mean if Widener announces it is closing early?
- When are weather-related closures announced?
- How can I find out about snow closings and class cancellations?
If the university opts to delay the start of operations, its announcement will identify what time the campus is opening. For example, if the announcement says the university will delay its opening until 10 a.m., that means all administrative offices will open at 10 a.m. Classes that start at 10 a.m. or later would be held as normal, but classes that would have started before 10 a.m. will not be held that day.
This means all classes are canceled and all administrative offices are closed for the day. Essential employees are still required to report to work. The following departments contain essential personnel. Employees with questions about their status should contact a department supervisor.
- Campus Safety
- Housing/Residence Life
- Food Service
This means students do not have to report to class, but university administrative offices are still open.
If the university announces it is closing early, no classes after the designated time will be held. For example, if the university announces it is closing at 2 p.m. and a class is meeting from 1 to 2:15 p.m., the class will end at 2 p.m. Administrative offices will also close beginning at the announced time.
The university makes every attempt to cancel day and weekend classes by 6:30 a.m. and evening classes by 2:30 p.m. Occasionally, classes may need to be canceled, or campuses may need to be closed, during the course of the day.
The most expedient way to learn if classes have been canceled or the campus is closed is through e2 Campus, CampusAlert. All Widener faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to register for this Emergency Notification System. Please call the Campus Safety Office at 610-499-4200 with any questions or issues registering.