To participate in commencement, all degree candidates must follow this graduation checklist:
- Petition for graduation. Fill out your online graduation petition in Student Planning on the My.Widener.edu site. Once logged into Student Planning, click on the Home icon on the top left side of the screen. Click on the Graduation Overview tile and select Apply for the program you are intending to complete. If you do not see your correct program, please contact Enrollment Services at 610-499-4161.
- Fill out the online RSVP form. The RSVP form includes information for recording the pronunciation of your name
and registering for guest tickets. Instructions have been sent to your Widener email
account (not your personal email account); check your junk email folder if you have
not seen the email in your inbox.
♦ Go to the Marching Order website via the link in the email sent to you and create your password.
♦ Log in and complete the form.
♦ You may return to the site anytime by using your @widener.edu email address to log in.
- Attend a commencement information session if at all possible. Commencement information sessions will be held in the Alumni Auditorium. It is important
for graduates who want to participate in commencement to attend an information session
if at all possible..
♦ Monday, April 15, 5–6 p.m.
♦ Tuesday, April 16, 3:30–4:30 p.m.
You can attend the Monday, April 15, session online at this link: https://widener.zoom.us/j/231861574. You can join in on your computer or mobile device (note the meeting is an hour long, so watch your streaming data plan if applicable).
- Complete degree requirements. Contact your adviser or program director to verify completion of degree requirements.
- Satisfy all financial and library obligations. Degree candidates who have balances due at the Bursar's Office or books due at the library must satisfy these obligations before they can receive diplomas.
- Complete the loan exit interview. All students who borrowed a Federal Perkins and/or Federal Direct Student Loan while enrolled at Widener University must complete an online exit counseling session to review their rights and responsibilities. Information about how to access the online sessions will be sent by e-mail.
- Obtain cap and gown. To attend the commencement ceremony, graduates are required to wear the proper academic regalia.
- Notify us if you have special needs. If you (the candidate for graduation) require accommodations for a disability or special needs, please send an email to email@example.com noting the events at which you are participating and what your special needs are (e.g., a wheelchair or that you are on crutches). We will then contact you to make arrangements. Please notify us by May 10 so that we have time to accommodate your request.