To participate in commencement, all degree candidates must follow this graduation checklist:
- Petition for graduation. You can petition to graduate online through CampusCruiser. Log in and click "WebAdvisor." There will be a section called "Academic Profile" under the left-hand column, where you will find a link to the petition.
- Submit the online RSVP form. To participate in commencement, you must RSVP.
♦ Undergraduate students who are receiving an associate's or bachelor's degree and want to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 19 must fill out the online undergraduate student RSVP form.
♦ Graduate students who are receiving a master's or doctoral degree and want to participate in the commencement ceremony on May 18 must fill out the online graduate student RSVP form.
- Attend a commencement information session if at all possible. Commencement information sessions will be held in the Alumni Auditorium. It is important
for graduates who want to participate in commencement to attend an information session
if at all possible..
♦ Tuesday, April 24, 3:30 p.m.
♦ Wednesday, April 25, 5:30 p.m.
- Complete degree requirements. Contact your adviser or program director to verify completion of degree requirements. The program director must notify the Registrar's Office of the approval for a student's graduation.
- Satisfy all financial and library obligations. To ensure you are clear of all obligations, check "My Holds" in the "Communication" section of WebAdvisor on CampusCruiser, or call 610-499-4161. Degree candidates who have balances due at the Business Office or books due at the library must satisfy these obligations before they can receive diplomas.
- Complete the loan exit interview. All students who borrowed a Federal Perkins and/or Federal Direct Student Loan while enrolled at Widener University must complete an online exit counseling session to review their rights and responsibilities. Information about how to access the online sessions will be sent by e-mail.
- Obtain cap and gown. To attend the commencement ceremony, graduates are required to wear the proper academic regalia.
- Notify us if you have special needs. If you require accommodations for a disability or special needs, please send an email to email@example.com noting the events at which you are participating and what your special needs are (e.g., a wheelchair or that you are on crutches). We will then contact you to make arrangements. Please notify us no later than May 11 so that we have time to accommodate your request.