The Second Annual Widener University Sustainability Showcase
Widener University will host its second annual Sustainability Showcase on March 29 and 30. The two-day event will feature activities and presentations by students, faculty, and community partners that advance sustainability.
Each of the panel discussions and exhibits will focus on “what we can do” to help advance sustainability in our everyday life, from reducing costs and conserving resources to improving learning and civic engagement outcomes.
Wednesday, March 29:
- Kick-Off Coffee Reception - Presentation of the Green Pride Award; 9:30 a.m.; University Center Atrium
- Electric car demonstration; 12 p.m.; Out front of the University Center
- Shade Tree planting; 1 p.m.; Near Lipka Hall
- Panel discussion on Sustainability in the Community featuring panelists from the Philadelphia Eagles, PECO, UPS, and the Shade Tree Commission; 2:30 p.m.; University Center, Webb Room
- Open mic with song and poetry about the environment; 5:30 p.m.; University Center Atrium
Thursday, March 30:
- Widener Dance Company Performance; 12 p.m.; University Center Atrium
- Panel Discussion on Sustainability on Campus with Widener faculty members and students; 12:30 p.m.; University Center, Webb Room
Research posters, information tables, and vendors will all be on display throughout the day in the University Center Atrium on both March 29 and 30.
For more information on the Sustainability Show case at Widener University, visit http://www.widener.edu/civic_engagement/sustainability/expo.aspx.
Widener University is a private, metropolitan university that connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention, leadership development and experiential learning are key components of the Widener experience. A comprehensive doctorate-granting university, Widener comprises eight schools and colleges that offer liberal arts and sciences, professional and pre-professional curricula leading to associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Visit the university website, www.widener.edu.