Business, Science and Engineering Camps at Widener This Summer
Widener will host four hands-on, educational summer camps for local high school students.
Chester, PA – With the summer months approaching, Widener University will once again offer a variety of fun and educational summer camps for high school students in June and July. Camp registrations are open with early registration discounts available for some of the camps.
Next Generation Scientists Summer Mini-Camp
Day Camp: June 24 – 27
Monday – Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The Next Generation Scientists Summer Mini-Camp is the perfect place for high school students to explore subjects as diverse as biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computer science, environmental science, mathematics, and physics and astronomy. Our hands-on program allows you to learn about science from Widener's top-ranked faculty who are passionate about what they teach. The mini-camp will bring science to life in a way you never imagined. You'll get to use Widener's telescope to observe Mars in the night sky. You’ll get a tour of the Arboretum at Widener University. You'll learn college-level material about the exciting field of biochemistry. And, you'll get to use environmentally-friendly equipment as you learn about sustainability.
- An optional stargazing in Widener’s observatory (weather permitting) will be held from 8:45 – 9:45 p.m. on Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is cloudy).
- Tuition (includes daily lunch in the Pride Café) is $280 for early registration, $300 after June 19. Half tuition is available for one additional siblings who enrolls.
- Click to register.
- For more information, contact Theresa Sminkey at 610-499-4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineering Summer Camps for High School Students
Day Camp: June 24 – 27, 2019 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Resident Camp: June 23 – 27, 2019
If you're interested in engineering, Widener's Engineering Summer Camps for High School Students is the perfect place to start exploring. We’ll introduce you to this exciting field through the eyes of our top-ranked engineering program. Developed by engineering faculty at Widener, this camp introduces high school students to the field of engineering in a nurturing, noncompetitive, hands-on environment. You’ll experience a four-day schedule full of computer workshops, demonstrations, films, laboratory exercises, discussion groups, and presentations, all while having fun.
Cost, registration and contact information:
- Day Camp tuition (includes all laboratory materials and lunches) is $400 for early registration and $450 once early registration has closed.
- Resident Camp tuition (includes room and board as well as evening activities) is $800 for early registration and $900 once early registration has closed.
- Click here to register.
- Early registration deadline is May 14, 2019.
- Registration deadline is June 10, 2019. (Space limited to 48 students).
- For questions please contact Maria Wochele at 610-499-4037.
Business Summer Camp
Day Camp: July 15 – 17
July 15 7 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; July 16 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; July 17 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The School of Business Administration will host the annual Business Summer Camp for male and female high school students who will be entering 10th – 12th grades in September. The three-day workshop will focus on personal branding and give students an opportunity to visit our Small Business Development Center to learn about entrepreneurship and marketing. Students will learn from not only Widener faculty and staff, but industry insiders. They’ll visit a local business to learn how it operates and learn about different business disciplines, including accounting, economics, marketing, finance, analytics, and management. They’ll also enjoy a night of bowling, ice cream trip to Dairy Queen, and visit to Widener’s wellness center.
- This is a free camp thanks to the generous sponsorship of UPS and TD Bank.
- A $50 deposit, payable by check, is required. The deposit will be refunded on the last day of camp.
- To register, please send a completed application to Widener University, School of Business Administration, One University Place, Chester, PA 19013.
Robotics Engineering Summer Camp
Monday, July 22 to Thursday, July 25
Local high school students are invited to register for the Widener Engineering Robotics Summer Camp. The week-long camp will introduce the students to the exciting and expanding world of robotics by working alongside Widener faculty and staff to learn the technical skills behind the design and development of various robotic systems. Students will have access to engage with state-of-the-art equipment and technology in the newly opened Alan J. Criswell Robotics Engineering Laboratory.
Cost, registration and contact information: