Widener Social Media Ambassador Program
Whether you want to become a CEO, engineer, lawyer, teacher, producer or an artisan, social media is bound to play a role in your life and most likely your career.
As a Widener Social Media Ambassador (SMA), you’ll work alongside the university’s Digital Communications & Public Relations team to increase online engagement in an effort to raise awareness about Widener and strengthen our brand recognition.
This opportunity will allow you to gain practical, hands-on social media experience before you even graduate, and will be a great addition to your resume.
Students with an interest in social media, video production, marketing, photography, graphic design, and/or event planning are invited to apply. We look forward to having you join the team. #GOPride!
What Is The Role Of An Ambassador?
• Actively promote and share your own unique Widener story through social media
• Help us increase Widener’s reach and impact by sharing university-wide content and responding to prospective students on your own social media channels
• Assist in the development of content for the university-wide social media channels as well as plan and carry out social media campaigns for events like Commencement and Homecoming Weekend
- Video/Photo Production – Take video footage and/or photographs for events and other projects that can be shared on social media
- On-Camera Talent – Let your personality shine! Be the face of Widener social media and help us share why Widener is a university of first choice
- Marketing – Help us build the Widener brand by thinking of creative ways to increase our communication with the public through social media
- Graphic Design – Use your design skills to come up with compelling graphics (subject to approval) that could be shared on social media
- Event Planning – Assist in the organization of social media campaigns and help boost our engagement
during specific events
Who Can Serve As An Ambassador?
We are looking for people who have a genuine passion for Widener and who are committed to its principles of leadership, civic engagement, and academic excellence. Ideal candidates are actively involved in the campus community as well as clubs and organizations.
The program is open to all majors, however you must be a proficient writer, photographer, and an active social media user. Ambassadors should be comfortable fielding questions and encouraging online discussions.
What Is The Ambassador’s Commitment?
Ambassadors publicly represent the university and therefore must act professionally online and be advocates of the university on personal and Widener-managed social media accounts. This will be a team effort, but we expect you to stay engaged by posting your own content and sharing what we generate from the university-wide accounts.
We will meet monthly as a collective team to go over your ideas, plan for social media campaigns, and analyze our social media stats to see what is working and what isn’t. These meetings are mandatory and will be held on Wednesdays at 4pm. You must be able to make these meetings to be in the program.
For more information or any questions, please contact Phil Dunn, Digital Reporter/Editor/Producer, 610-499-4432 or firstname.lastname@example.org