- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Accreditation
- Association for Continuing Higher Education Member AACSB International
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Bar Association
- Accreditation Commission for Program in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA)
- American Psychological Association
- Commission on Accreditation for Healthcare Management Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association for Education of Young Children
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners
- Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board of the Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- Bureau of Child Welfare
- Pennsylvania Private School Board
Dean Fred Akl
Professor Fred A. Akl, dean of the School of Engineering, discusses his work with NASA during the STS-63 and STS-71 space shuttle missions.
At the Health Annex
Lynn Freda, a nurse and graduate student in Widener's Family Nurse Practitioner master's program, talks about her experiences working with Dr. Shirlee Drayton-Brooks, associate professor at the School of Nursing.
Dr. Marina Barnett
Dr. Marina Barnett, associate professor in the Center for Social Work Education, talks about the leadership qualities she sees in her students. Also, Dr. Barnett gives an amazing Widener rallying cry. Check it out!
Catherine Rawlings '14
Catherine Rawlings, a junior from West Chester, Pa., talks about why she participates in the AmeriCorps Community Fellows program at Widener.
Dr. Jeannette Wyatt
Assistant Professor Jenny Wyatt discusses the work and impact of the Widener Center for Violence Prevention.
Dr. Nadine McHenry
Associate Professor Nadine McHenry talks about the importance of exposing teacher candidates to schoolchildren from different contexts.
The 1821 Experience
In this pre-orientation program, you will explore how multiculturalism adds to the college experience and connect with other students on campus.
This multi-day backpacking trip, led by members of the Outdoor Adventure Club, offers incoming Widener students a chance to build self-confidence and a social network of like-minded students on campus while having fun in the Appalachian Mountains.
This student life leadership program, Enhancing Leadership Experience Via Activities, Training, and Engagement, aka ELEVATE, allows you to build or hone your leadership skills with learning tracks for emerging student leaders.
The Oskin Leaders program inspires and equips Widener undergraduates to courageously leverage their passion and leadership skills to create significant, positive change.