Widener’s got your back.
College success is all about setting goals, accepting challenges, and meeting—or exceeding—expectations. It’s a lot of work, and Widener University is there to help you along the way. We offer a host of academic support services, including career planning, counseling, disability services, and tutoring in math and writing.
Browse Widener’s academic services.
- Academic Coaching | Our one-credit Freshmen Seminars are designed to help develop your skills in personal finance, critical thinking, time management, and other important areas. We’re committed to student success & retention and offer tailored support to help struggling students get back on track academically.
- Counseling Center | Not every college challenge is academic. Widener’s Counseling Center provides access to counseling, psychotherapy, education, assessment, and psychiatric services so you can maximize your college experience.
- Disabilities Services | There’s a place for everyone at Widener. We work to ensure students with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and psychological disabilities have an equal opportunity to access academic programs and other aspects of university life by responding to accommodation requests and providing academic coaching to students with disabilities.
- Math Center | Struggling with an assignment? Want to ace that exam? Our volunteer tutors, all of them undergraduate students like you, can help. Whether you’re a beginning student or a math major, you’re welcome here.
- Tutoring Services | Widener offers tutoring in almost all freshmen courses, and various upper-level courses. All tutors are trained to provide assistance to individuals and small groups.
- Writing Center | Get personalized, one-on-one help with a research paper, essay or resume from one of our instructors, many of who teach English and communication courses at Widener. Or brush up your writing skills in our computer lab. We can also help international students and non-native speakers of English.
Schedule a visit to learn more about Widener’s academic support services.