Office of Human Resources
Old Main, Ground Floor
One University Place
Chester, PA 19013-5792
Widener values our employees by offering a comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Employees and their eligible family members may choose from an HMO, PPO, and two (2)
high deductible plans through Independence Blue Cross, which offers the broadset coverage
and access to the largest network of doctors and hospitals in the areas where our
employees live and work.
- We offer two dental plans to cover periodic exams, cleanings, x-rays, and other major
Life and Disability Coverage
- Widener is committed to ensuring our employees and their families are financially
protected by offering life and disability insurance products at no cost to employees.
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- To help employees plan for retirement, the university will match an eligible employee's
election to withhold up to 5% of base salary, and will contribute an additional 5%
of salary to our 403(b) plan once age and service requirements are met. Employees
have the opportunity to direct these contributions within our investment lineup.
Tuition and Scholarship Programs
- Widener offers employees and their dependents tuition benefits for themselves, their spouses/domestic partners, and their dependent children.
- Widener also participates in a tuition scholarship program through which dependent
children of eligible employees may be awarded scholarships at other participating
higher education institutions.
Vacation and Holiday Leave
- Eligible employees receive paid vacation and holiday pay. The university also observes
summer hours and an extended winter break.
By working at Widener, you will have access to a host of wonderful facilities, resources, and programs. From classes and equipment at the Pride Recreation Center and meals in our multiple eateries, to access to movies, shows, and sporting events, come see why We're All Widener!