Alison K. Dougherty, MS
- Associate Vice President of Human Resources
- Title IX Coordinator
- Widener CARE Team Member
- EdD, Higher Education Administration (expected 12/2019)
Northeastern University (MA)
- MS, Sociology (2005)
Saint Joseph's University (PA)
- BA, Psychology and Spanish 1998)
Catholic University (Washington, D.C.)
I lead the office of human resources and Title IX by making education and collaboration a priority. I value my colleagues and our students and believe it is important to treat all members of our community with care and respect. Prior to my tenure at Widener, I worked nationally on issues of Title IX, equity, and campus crime with the Attorney General of Pennsylvania, the White House (Obama Administration), and the United States Department of Justice. I have served as a media commentator and speaker on topics related to safety and higher education policy.
Institutional Courage, Organizational Change, Campus Sexual Assault, Government Affairs, and Higher Education Policy
- Kiss, A, Andes, S, Wyatt, J., & Mucellin, M. (2013). Non-Medical Prescription Drug Use in Higher Education. Journal of Social Work Practice and Addiction. New York, NY.
- Kiss, A. & Dowdall, G. (eds.). (2012). Proceeding in Partnership: The Future of Campus Safety. Wayne, PA: Security on Campus, Inc.
- Kiss, A. (2013). Jeanne Clery Act: A summary of the law and its evolution in higher education. In B. Fisher & J. Sloan (Eds)., Campus Crime, Third Edition, Charles C. Thomas Publishers.
- Alumni Achievement Award: Social Change, Catholic University of America (2015)
- Academic All-American (Cross Country and Track) (1998)