Claudia Guerrazzi, PhD
- Assistant Professor
- Business Administration
- Economics & Finance
- Health Sciences
Programs I Teach
- MBA in Health Care Management
- Health Care Management (Certificate)
- PsyD/MBA in Health Care Management
- PhD, Health Services Administration (2017)
University of Alabama—Birmingham (AL)
- MS, Economics and Management of Public Administration (2011)
Bocconi University (Italy)
- BS, Economics and Management of Public Administration (2009)
Universita' di Siena (Italy)
I have always been interested in how management can serve community welfare. Specifically, my interests are related to the strategic management of innovation in organizations, especially technological innovation in organizations that operate in industries that intend to serve the public good, such as health care and public administration.
I received my PhD in health services administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. I obtained both my MSc and BSc degrees in economics and management of public administration in Italy, from Bocconi University and the University of Siena, respectively.
I am currently teaching Elementary Statistical Analysis and Health Policy. Through teaching, I pursue three main goals: enabling students to really and fully understand concepts through the learning process that characterizes each student; fostering students' interaction and collaborative problem-solving; and allowing students to apply what they learn and to develop critical thinking.
- Cucciniello, M., Guerrazzi, C., Nasi, G., & Ongaro, E. (2015). Coordination mechanisms for implementing complex innovations in the health care sector. Public Management Review, 17(7), 1040-1060.
- Nasi, G., Cucciniello, M., & Guerrazzi, C. (2015). The role of mobile technologies in health care processes: The case of cancer supportive care. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 17(2).
- Hearld, L. R., Hearld, K. R., & Guerrazzi, C. (2016). Patient-Centered Medical Home Capacity and Ambulatory Care Utilization. American Journal of Medical Quality, 1062860616677319.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Academy of Management (AOM), European Academy of Management (EURAM), Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)