Dawn E. Ferry, APRN, CNP, CHSE
- Director of Center of Simulation and Computerized Testing
Programs I Teach
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (MSN)
- Executive Nurse Leadership (MSN)
- Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Nursing (BSN)
- Accelerated Nursing (BSN)
- Nursing (MSN)
- Nursing Education (MSN)
- Nursing (PhD, DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing Post-Graduate Certificates
- Nursing Science (PhD)
- MSN, Community Health (2009)
Widener University (PA)
I graduated from Widener in 1998 with my BSN and then in 2009 with MSN in Community Health. During the years, I have worked in many different areas of nursing. In 2005 I found myself back at Widener teaching clinical and labs.
In 2006 I was offered a position as the Coordinator of the Lab at Widener. When I arrived at Widener we had one Sim person that was not being used. I was instrumental in starting simulation, I started with our foundations classes in the spring of 2008. That fall I added a health assessment simulation and continued to integrate into the curriculum.
Simulation is currently integrated into every clinical group. In collaboration with the Dean I helped design our "state-of-the-art" simulation center that opened in the fall of 2011. I was instrumental in helping to get a grant of 250,000.00 and one for 150,000 for our new School of Nursing simulation center. I received my certification in simulation in December 2012.
- Outstanding Service Award for the Institute of Physical Therapy Education (May 2013)
- Excellence in Service to International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (2012)
- Selected as participant in NLN Simulation Educator Leadership Program (2011)