Ellen A. Erdman, PT, DPT, HPCS
- Clinical Associate Professor
Programs I Teach
- DPT, Physical Therapy (2006)
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (UT)
- Certificate, Early Intervention (2000)
Drexel University (PA)
- BS, Physical Therapy (1984)
Quinnipiac University (CT)
Being a physical therapy clinician for 30+ years, I bring "real life" situations to the classroom to promote application of content and encourage clinical decisions. I am passionate about the work I do, and hope to ignite that passion in my students.
My research interests lie in two areas, physical therapy clinical education and hippotherapy/therapeutic use of equine movement. With the globalization of society and changes to healthcare, cultural awareness, inter-professional collaboration, and service learning are key concepts to holistic healthcare. I am involved in the exploration of various models of clinical education to provide learning experiences with high impact. My hippotherapy research has been primarily case studies, but I plan to investigate dosage in the pediatric population.
- Peters C, Fields, B. Risks, Erdman E. Hippotherapy Practice and Safety Patterns in the United States: A Descriptive Survey Study. JACM - Paradigm, Practice and Policy Advancing Integrative Health (The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine). 2020, publication issue pending, 1-7.
- Erdman E, Black JD, Campbell, S, Palombaro K, Golder T, Grazioli S. Investigating the Influence that Service in a Pro Bono Clinic has a a First Full-Time Clinical Education Experience From the Perspective of Students and Their Clinical Instructors. Internet Journal of Allied Health.2020;18;4.EE
- Palombaro K, Dusak K, Black J, Jones S, Stewart A, Erdman E. High Civic-mindedness Reduces Compassion Fatigue in the First Three Years of Professional Physical Therapist Practice: A Pilot Study. Journal of Patient Experience. 2019.
- Poretta D, Black JD, Palombara K, Erdman E. Influence that service in a pro bono clinic has on a first full-time physical therapy clinical education experience. Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice. 2017;15(1): Article 11.
- Erdman EA, Pierce SR. The Use of Hippotherapy With a Boy After Traumatic Brain Injury: A Case Study. Pediatric Physical Therapy. 2016; 28: 109-116.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), American Hippotherapy Association (AHA)