Ellen A. Erdman, PT, DPT, HPCS
- Clinical Associate Professor
Programs I Teach
- DPT, Physical Therapy (2006)
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (UT)
- Certificate, Early Intervention (2000)
Drexel University (PA)
- BS, Physical Therapy (1984)
Quinnipiac University (CT)
Being a physical therapy clinician for 30+ years, I bring "real life" situations to the classroom to promote application of content and encourage clinical decisions. I am passionate about the work I do, and hope to ignite that passion in my students.
My research interests lie in two areas, physical therapy clinical education and hippotherapy/therapeutic use of equine movement. With the globalization of society and changes to healthcare, cultural awareness, inter-professional collaboration, and service learning are key concepts to holistic healthcare. I am involved in the exploration of various models of clinical education to provide learning experiences with high impact. My hippotherapy research has been primarily case studies, but I plan to investigate dosage in the pediatric population.
- Erdman EA, Pierce SR. The Use of Hippotherapy With a Boy After Traumatic Brain Injury: A Case Study. Pediatric Physical Therapy. 2016; 28: 109-116.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), American Hippotherapy Association (AHA)