Esther R. Brown, EdD
- Associate Professor
- Director of RN to BSN/MSN Programs
Programs I Teach
- EdD, Education (2008)
Immaculata University (PA)
- MSN, Nursing (1995)
West Chester University of Pennsylvania (PA)
Being the first nurse in my family and the first to obtain a doctoral degree, my philosophy of teaching is to provide an avenue by which students are engaged and immersed in the experience of learning. People learn differently and information can be gained by various means. As a teacher it is my responsibility to help the student find his /her way of gaining that knowledge and understanding utilizing his or her God-given ability.
- Brown, E.R. (2013). Developing student compassion through service learning. Journal of Christian Nursing, 30 (4), 234-237. doi: 10.1097/CNJ.0b013e3182a1fc60.
- Brown, E.R. (2013). No child left behind and the Teaching of Character Education. The ABNF Journal: Official Journal of the Association of Black Nursing Faculty in Higher Education, Inc, (24) 3, 77-82.
- Brown, E.R. (2012). African American present perceptions of organ donation; A Pilot Study The ABNF Journal: Official Journal of the Association of Black Nursing Faculty in Higher Education, Inc, 23 (2), 29-33. Retrieved from http://0-search.proquest.com.libcat.widener.edu/docview/1017544954?accountid=29103.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Nurses Association (ANA), Association of Black Nursing Faculty (ABNF)
- Distinguished New Faculty Award (2011)