Frank Masterpasqua, PhD
Programs I Teach
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD)
- PsyD/MBA in Health Care Management
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD) & Human Sexuality Studies (MEd)
- PhD, Psychology (1981)
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey New Brunswick (NJ)
As a member of the clinical psychology faculty, my approach to teaching revolves around helping students to understand and implement evidence-based practices. My primary approach is based on the philosophy and theory of acceptance and commitment therapy, and other "third generation" cognitive-behavioral practices.
My research interests include evidence based practices and mechanisms.
- Masterpasqua, F. (in press). Mindfulness, mentalizing, humanism: A transtheoretical convergence. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration.
- Masterpasqua, F. (2009). Psychology and epigenetics. Review of General Psychology, 13, 194.
- Masterpasqua, F. (1989). A competence paradigm for psychological practice. American Psychologist, 44(11), 1366.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Psychological Association (APA), Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
- Lindback University Teaching Award (2005)