Iqbal (Monty) Mansur, PhD
- Economics & Finance
- International Relations
Programs I Teach
- MBA, Master of Business Administration
- Taxation & Financial Planning (MS)
- PsyD/MBA in Health Care Management
- PhD, Financial Economics (1984)
University of Cincinnati (OH)
- MA,Economics (1979)
Western Michigan University (MI)
- BS, Economics (1977)
Goshen College (IN)
During my long tenure at Widener, I have been an integral part of the growth of this institution. I have held a number of leadership positions on campus that include serving as the chair of the Management Department, co-chairing multiple task forces related to the development of university and school strategic plans, co-chairing the Middle States accreditation task force, and chairing the AACSB accreditation task forces.
A recipient of the 1992 Lindback award for teaching excellence, I'm known for the rigor and relevance of content I bring to my classes. I am a recipient of the 2008 School of Business Administration Distinguished Research Professor Award and the 2010 Widener University Outstanding Researcher Award and have more than 70 publications and presentations in prestigious journals and conferences.
The focus of my research is asset valuation with particular attention given to the behavior of asset risk. My publications appear in journals such as the Journal of Risk and Insurance, the Journal of Banking and Finance, and the Journal of International Business Studies. I serve as an independent director and audit committee chair of FundVantage Trust, a multi-product mutual fund series complex. Housed under BNY Mellon Asset Servicing, FundVantage Trust currently has 19 investment advisors with approximately $4.5 billion assets under management.
- Elyasiani, E., & Mansur, I. (1998). Sensitivity of the bank stock returns distribution to changes in the volatility of interest rate: A GARCH-M model. Journal of Banking and Finance, 22 (5), 535–563.
- Elyasiani, E., Mansur, I., & Odusami, B. (2011). Oil price shocks and industry stock returns. Energy Economics, 33 (5), 966–974.
- Brewer, E., Carson, J.M., Elyasiani, E., Mansur, I., & Scott, W.L. (2007). Interest rate risk and equity values of life insurance companies: A GARCH-M model. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 74 (2), 401–423.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Financial Management Association (FMA), Independent Directors Council (IDC)
- Widener University Outstanding Researcher Award (2010)
- SBA Distinguished Research Professor Award (2008)
- Lindback Award for teaching excellence (1992)