James M. Esch, MA
- Assistant Teaching Professor of English
- MA, English and Creative Writing (1988)
University of Texas--Austin (TX)
I received my undergraduate degree in English and Latin from West Chester University of Pennsylvania. I went on to earn a master's in English with creative writing concentration from University of Texas, Austin. I teach primarily 100-level composition, literature, and creative writing courses, using a mix of lecture, Socratic discussion, small-group workshops, and individual conferencing.
- Esch, James M. "Great Books, Big Ideas: Pragmatic Approaches to Canonical Texts in Freshman Composition." NeMLA. Harrisburg, PA. April 2014. Presentation.
- Esch, James. "Identity and Topographies of Home in Sophocles' Oedipus the King and Oedipus at Colonus." Pennsylvania College English Association. Gettysburg, PA. March 2013. Presentation.
- Esch, James. "Bridge to Nowhere: The Beach Boys' SMiLE and the Breakup of High and Low Culture." Popular Culture Association. Boston, MA. April 2012. Presentation.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP), Northeast Modern Language Society (MLA)