Javontae Lee Williams, MPH
- Applied Research Scientist
- Adjunct Professor
- Gender & Sexuality
- Health Sciences
Programs I Teach
- Human Sexuality Studies (PhD)
- Human Sexuality Studies (MEd)
- Social Work (MSW) & Human Sexuality Studies (MEd or PhD)
- Human Sexuality (MEd) & Public Administration (MPA)
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD) & Human Sexuality Studies (MEd)
- MPH, Community Health, Health (2017)
West Chester University of Pennsylvania (PA)
Javontae Lee Williams is an applied research scientist at Interdisciplinary Sexuality Research Collaborative. Supported by the largest active grant given to Widener University, his team translates theoretical perspectives about LGBT communities into curricula.
Through a community based participatory research approach this work aims to reduce men's risk for HIV, improve communication between provider and patient and reduce stigma by educating communities most impacted by HIV. He brings to the ISRC more than 10 years of healthcare experience in various nursing and clinical capacities. He graduated from Temple University with honors distinction in Sociology and earned a Master's of Public Health at West Chester University.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Public Health Association (APHA), Society for the Scientific Study of Sex (SSSS)
- "Society Light", Philadelphia Black Pride
- Recipient, PFLAG Award for Community Leadership
- Widener Co-Hosts 'Delta Focus Conference 2020: A Spotlight on Sexual Health'
Widener University's Center for Human Sexuality Studies and Delta State University co-hosted the 'Delta Focus Conference 2020: A Spotlight on Sexual Health' from Feb. 6 - 8 in Cleveland, Mississippi. The grassroots conference was supported by ViiV Healthcare's Accelerate Initiative and gave the community an opportunity to consider and gain insight on topics affecting the sexual health of people in the Mississippi Delta and surrounding areas. The conference sought to expand the skills and awareness of community health professionals through interactive workshops, thematic plenaries, and community listening sessions. Conference presenters from Widener included Javontae Lee Williams, who was conference co-chair and is an applied research scientist at Widener's Interdisciplinary Sexuality Research Collaborative.
- Javontae Williams Named to Philadelphia Mayor's Commission on African American Males
Javontae Williams, applied research scientist in Center for Human Sexuality Studies, was appointed by Philadelphia Mayor James Kenney to the Mayor's Commission on African African Males. He will be representing public health and sexuality issues on the commission.
Share Link: https://www.widener.edu/node/11496/