Jose Proenca, PhD
- Associate Dean of School of Business Administration
Programs I Teach
- Health Care Management (Certificate)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA in Health Care Management
- PsyD/MBA in Health Care Management
- PhD, Business and Health Care Management (1993)
University of Alabama--Birmingham (AL)
Prior to entering academia, I worked in marketing and operations in the pharmaceutical and hospital industries. I teach in the areas of leadership development, change management, strategy, and population health management.
I have conducted leadership development workshops in a variety of industries including health care, pharmaceutical, medical equipment, and entertainment. In addition to my PhD, I have a master's degree in business administration and a bachelor's degree in pharmacy.
My research interests focus on human capital management issues in health care organizations, service issues in the health care industry, and community orientation.
- Proenca, E. J. (2014). Perceived organizational support as a moderator of empowerment practices. Academy of Business Research Journal, 14 (1), 139–153.
- Proenca, E.J., Rosko, M.D., & Dismuke, C.E. (2005). Service collaboration and hospital cost performance: Direct and moderating effects. Medical Care, 43 (12), 1250–1258.
- Proenca, E.J., Rosko, M.D., & Zinn, J.S. (2000). Community orientation in hospitals: An institutional and resource dependence perspective. Health Services Research, 35 (5), 1011–1035.
- Distinguished Graduate Teaching Awards (1995, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012)
- American Academy of Medical Administrators Award
- ACHE Heath Management Research Award (2000)