Joseph M. Hargadon, PhD, CPA, CMA
- Department Head of Accounting & Information Management
- Accounting & Taxation
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Accounting (1993)
Drexel University (PA)
- MS, Taxation (1982)
Widener University (PA)
I have been on the faculty at Widener since 1981. I teach in both our undergraduate and graduate degree programs. My primary undergraduate teaching interests have been financial accounting, intermediate accounting, and advanced accounting. At the graduate level I have taught financial accounting and financial reporting topics.
My research interests focus primarily on accounting education, professional accounting certifications, and taxation.
- Barndt, Oehlers, Hargadon, "Strategic Cost Management: What CPAs Need to Know", Today's CPA, March/April 2013 (unable to find article)
- Fuller, L.R., & and Hargadon, J.M. (2010). Go for gold! Take the new CMA and CPA exams while earning your MBA. Management Accounting Quarterly, 11 (3), 30–40.
- Hargadon, Cermignano & Santomero, "Structure Scholarships to Exempt Room and Board From Tax", Practical Tax Strategies, May 2006 (unable to find article)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
The Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Graduate Teacher of the Year in the SBA (2014)
- Fitz Dixon Innovation in Teaching Award from Widener University (2011)
- Lindback Foundation Teaching Award (2006)