Kathryn N. Healey, PhD
- Gender & Sexuality
- Psychology & Mental Health
- Health Sciences
- Social Justice
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Counseling and Clinical Evaluation (1977)
Bryn Mawr College (PA)
I am an active licensed psychologist in Pennsylvania and provide assessment and treatment in an integrative psychotherapy model that incorporates biofeedback and especially neurofeedback.
I received my undergraduate degree from Vassar College cum laude in anthropology with a minor in psychology. I completed my master's and doctoral work at Bryn Mawr College and my internship year at Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital (now Drexel University Medical School). My license as a psychologist was obtained in 1978.
My research interests include the study of issues facing caregivers and their adolescent and adult children struggling with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and the efficacy of neurofeedback treatment as well as peer editing and information literacy in the discipline of psychology.
- Bhullar, N., Rose, K.C., Utell, J.M., & Healey, K.N. (2013). Impact of peer review on writing in a psychology class: Lessons learned. The Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, 25(2), 91–106.
- Ryan, B., Jacobs, S., Healey, K., & Mason, K. (2011). The inside-out prison exchange program. In G. Papanilos (Ed.), Essays on social themes (135–147). Athens, Greece: Athens Institute for Education and Research (AITNEWR).
- Bhullar, N., Healey, K.N., & Lipner, E.A.A. (2014, May). Cross-cultural beliefs about the meaning of life and sbjective well-being: Similarities and differences. Poster presented at the Association of Psychological Science, San Francisco, CA.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Psychological Association (APA), American Psychological Science, EEG Spectrum, EEG I
- Provost Grant for research in ASD (2014–2015)
- Pi Gamma Mu Faculty Appreciation Award (2011–2012)
- Outstanding Teacher Award, School of Human Service Professions (2000)