Kim A. Noble, PhD, RN, ACCNS-AG, CPAN, FASPAN
- Associate Professor
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Physiology; School of Medicine (2006)
Temple University (PA)
I believe that an education which is founded in science is essential for entry into nursing or advanced practice nursing. Nursing critical thinking is based on an understanding of normal function with disease as an abnormality in normal.
Students have great variation in their manner in which they acquire, process, manipulate, store, and retrieve learned information, and it is a faculty priority to assist students with the development of metacognitive strategies for success.
Perianesthesia Nursing; Clinical Nurse Specialist/Advanced Practice Nursing; Evidence Based Practice/Research: Joanna Briggs Institute
- Erwin, A. M., Noble, K. A., Marshall, J. & Cooper, S. (2019). Perianesthesia nurses’ survey of their knowledge and practice with obstructive sleep apnea (OAS). Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 34(1), 39-50.
- Verenna, A. M., Noble, K. A., Pearson, H. E. & Miller, S. M. (2018) The predictive role of comprehension on performance at higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy: Findings from assessments given to first-year healthcare professional students. Anatomical Sciences Education, 11, 433-444. DOI: 10.1002/ase.1768
- Noble, K. A. (2013, September). Care of the perianesthesia patient with renal disease: A dangerous journey. Presentation at International Conference for Perianesthesia Nursing (ICPAN), Dublin, Ireland.
- Noble, K. A. (2012). An introduction to the ASPAN obstructive sleep apnea in the adult patient evidence-based practice recommendation. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 27(5), 308.
- Noble, K.A., Miller, S.M. & Heckman, J. (2008). The cognitive style of nursing students: Educational implications for teaching and learning. Journal of Nursing Education, 47 (6), 245-53.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
National League of Nursing [Board of Director Member]; American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nursing; Pennsylvania Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses [Vice President/President Elect]; National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- 2019: Deans Incentive Grant
- 2019: Faculty Development Grant
- 2019: Eta Beta Research Grant Award
- 2019: Pennsylvania Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses Research Grant Award
- Honorary Membership Award for Distinguished Service to Pennsylvania Association of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Health Professions, Temple University
- Outstanding Achievement Award for Distinguished Service to Pennsylvania Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses