Kim A. Noble, PhD, RN, ACCNS-AG, CPAN, FASPAN
- Director, MSN Adult Gero Program
- PhD, Physiology; School of Medicine (2006)
Temple University (PA)
I believe that an education which is founded in science is essential for entry into nursing or advanced practice nursing. Nursing critical thinking is based on an understanding of normal function with disease as an abnormality in normal.
Students have great variation in their manner in which they acquire, process, manipulate, store, and retrieve learned information, and it is a faculty priority to assist students with the development of metacognitive strategies for success.
Clinical Nurse Specialist education and clinical opportunities; JBI Translational Research; Physiology & Pathophysiology, Perianesthesia Nursing and Research critical appraisal & EBP.
Noble, K. A. (2021). Put PEP in your step with a Podiatric Enhanced Recovery After
Surgery (ERAS) Protocol in the outpatient adult population: a best practice implementation project, JBI Implementation Report, 19, 39-55.
Erwin, A. M., Noble, K. A., Marshall, J. & Cooper, S. (2019). Perianesthesia nurses’
survey of their knowledge and practice with obstructive sleep apnea (OAS). Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing 34(1), 39-50.
Verenna, A. M., Noble, K. A., Pearson, H. E. & Miller, S. M. (2018) The predictive role
of comprehension on performance at higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy: Findings from assessments given to first-year healthcare professional students. Anatomical Sciences Education, 11, 433-444. DOI: 10.1002/ase.1768
Cooper, A., Stannard, D. & Noble, K. A. (2015). Nurse perceptions of confidence in
using the Pasero Opioid-Induces Sedation Scale to assess unintended patient sedation in hospital settings: A quantitative systematic review protocol. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews & Implementation Reports, PMID: 26472126 JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2015 Oct 14; 13(9): 3-10.doi:10.11124/jbisrir-2015-1792.
Noble, K. A. (2015). Local Anesthesia Toxicity & Lipid Rescue, Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 30(4), 321-331.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Elected President Pennsylvania Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (PAPAN) 2021-2023, PAPAN Research Committee Chair. American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN member Standards & Guidelines Strategic Work Team, Member Research Committee, Member Sigma Theta Tau Chapter Widener University& Eta Beta, Member Pennsylvania League of Nurses, Member National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) and Member American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- December 2018 Sabbatical Award for 2019 Fall, 2019 semester;
- May 2018 Inducted as an inaugural Fellow in the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses presented at the 37th American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses National Conference in Anaheim, CA;
- March 2018 Excellence in Education Award Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honors Society, Eta Beta Chapter, Widener University School of Nursing;
- May 2017 Award for Outstanding Achievement presented by the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses at the 36th National Conference in Indianapolis, IN;
- March 2017 Excellence in Clinical Practice Award Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honors Society, Eta Beta Chapter, Widener University School of Nursing.
Kim Noble, associate professor of nursing, published research in the March 2021 issue of the journal JBI Evidence Implementation. Her findings demonstrated a reduction in both postoperative pain and patient length of stay within a postoperative day surgery podiatric patient population through the use of podiatric enhanced recovery after surgery protocol, also known as PEP.
Share link: https://www.widener.edu/node/18966/