Mary E. Shoemaker, MBA, PhD
- Associate Professor
- Business Administration
- Communications & Marketing
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Marketing (1994)
Drexel University (PA)
- MBA, Marketing and Finance (1984)
Temple University (PA)
- BS, Administrative Science (1977)
Villanova University (PA)
My experience as a sales engineer with Eaton/Cutler Hammer led me to pursue my interest in sales and sales management. Later, the emerging use of customer relationship management and social media by salespeople evolved into new areas of interest for me that fit well with bringing SAP/ERP software to the classroom. A primary focus for me is teaching professional selling, including involving students in national sales competitions.
customer relationship management, sales management, social media, supply chain management, sales processes
- Crowne (Brannen), K., Goeke, R., & Shoemaker, M. (2015). Enhancing international assignees’ performance with online social networks. Journal of Global Mobility, 3(4), 397-417.
Pelham, A. & Shoemaker, E. (2013). Do salesperson’s perceptions of the firm’s level of market orientation influence sales behavior and performance attributions?. Journal of Managerial Issues, XXV (4), Winter, 381-400.
Shoemaker, M. (2012). An exploration of the value of online social networks for salespeople. International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing and Management, 3 (2), April-June, 1-9.
- William J. Zahka Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award (2004–2005, 2008–2009)