Mary Powell, PHD, CRNP, CDE
- Associate Dean of Graduate Nursing
- Associate Professor
Programs I Teach
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (MSN)
- Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) CRNP (MSN)
- Nursing Education (MSN)
- Nursing (MSN)
- Nursing (PhD, DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing Science (PhD)
- PhD, Nursing Science (2001)
The Catholic University of America (Washington, DC)
- MSN, Adult Health and Chronic Illness (1993)
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (TN)
- BSN, Nursing (1989)
Eastern College (PA)
- Post Master's Certificate, Adult Nurse Practitioner (2006)
Thomas Jefferson University (PA)
- Post Master's Certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner (2016)
University of Massachusetts, Boston (MA)
I have extensive experience as an educator and have been working with graduate students in various capacities for 22 years. I am committed to serving students and inviting them to become passionate in the quest for new knowledge and skills to be used in service to others. I walk with students and together we discover and open new doors or different ways of thinking about critical issues. Along the way we might even ‘carve’ a new door or pathway, creating openings where once there may have been none or new beginnings in places where folks are just plain stuck.
These new openings or beginnings translate to hope for both patients and students whether I am traveling with them as an educator, as a practitioner, or as a researcher.
- Health literacy
- Chronic illness and chronic illness outcomes
- Graduate nursing education
- Powell, M., & Williams, E. (Fall, 2018). COSA’s evidence-based health and wellness program. Delaware County Medicine and Health, 6-9.
- Powell, M., Lofaro, S., & Rossley, P. (Summer 2017). Using teach back: Improving communication between healthcare professionals and patients. Delaware County Medicine and Health, 2-5.
- Senior Fellow Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Neumann University, Faculty Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching (2016)
- Health Literacy Fellowship, Pfizer Clear Health Communication Initiative (2004)