Noreen Yoder, EdD
- Associate Professor
- Director of Widener Child Development Center Laboratory School
Programs I Teach
- Elementary Education: The Early Years and Special Education (BA)
- Elementary Education: The Early Years (Pre-K-4) (MEd)
- Graduate Education Certificates
- PA State Education Certifications & Endorsements
- EdD Higher Education Leadership 2004
Widener University (PA)
- MEd Education Instructional II 1985
Cabrini College (PA)
- BS Education Instructional I, Elementary and Special Education Certification (1981)
Cabrini College (PA)
Dr. Noreen M. Yoder, Director of the Widener Child Development Center Laboratory School since 1991. My expertise includes providing high quality early childhood programs and teacher education (Pre K to Grade 4). I am a community consultant and NCATE Reporter. I provide professional development in the areas of: celebrating diversity, building partnerships, sharing community resources, supporting children’s development and self-regulation.
I believe in establishing a classroom climate that fosters self-discovery, student engagement and opportunities to use problem-solving strategies.
I have acquired numerous grants and scholarships including PA Keystone STARS, Bridge Educational Foundation and BRAVO Foundation for the families attending the Widener Child Development Center. Professional affiliations include Board Member DCECEA, PACCA, NAEYC, DVAEYC, NWTF, Boy Scout of America, and Delaware County Special Olympics.
Families, Schools and Community Partnerships, High Quality Early Childhood Day Care, and Community Medicine Education.
Ledoux, M. W., Yoder, N. N., & Hanes, B. (April-June 2010). The use of personal data assistants in early childhood assessment. Computers in the Schools, 27, 132–144.
The use of personal digital assistants in early childhood assessments. Research study-Purpose of the study was to examine early childhood teachers using personal digital assistants when assessing young children at the Widener University Child Development Center. IRB Approved Fall 2008.
Dissertation: Yoder, N. A case study related to community medicine education: Perspective of pediatric residents of Crozer-Chester Medical Center 2004.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Phi Kappa Phi, Kappa Delta Pi (KDP), Board Member Delaware County Early Childhood Educators Association (DCECEA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), PENNAEYC, DVAEYC, Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA), NWTF, Special Olympics, Boy Scouts of America
- PA Keystone STARS - Four STAR Program Widener Child Development Center (2005 through 2015)
- Bridge Educational Foundation - Scholarship (2010, 2013, 2015)
- BRAVO Foundation - Scholarship (2011, 2012, 2013)