Sandra L. Campbell, PT, PhD, MBA
- Director of Clinical Education
- Clinical Associate Professor
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Health Policy (2011)
University of the Sciences (PA)
- MBA, Health and Medical Services Administration (1994)
Widener University (PA)
- BS, Physical Therapy (1989)
Thomas Jefferson University (PA)
I am passionate about students understanding the complex health care environment in which we function. By understanding legal, ethical, regulatory, and reimbursement concepts, they know the "rules of the game." Since these "rules" are constantly changing, I feel students should be able to use a variety of resources to analyze and solve clinical challenges.
My research interests focus in the area of health policy, administration, student learning, and clinical education.
- Erdman, E, Black, JD, Campbell, S, Golder, T, Grazioli, S. and Palombaro, KM. (in press - Oct 2020) Investigating the Influence That Service in A Pro Bono Clinic Has on A First Full-Time Clinical Education Experience from the Perspective of Students and their Clinical Instructors. Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice.
- Campbell, SL, Schmidt, A, Sindoni, K, Zauflik, C, and Black, J. (2018) Connecting Curriculum to Student-Run Pro Bono Clinics: A Policy Project. Free Clinic Research Collective. 4
- Wellmon R, Degano A, Rubertone JA, Campbell S, Russo KA. Interrater and intrarater reliability and minimal detectable change of the Wisconsin Gait Scale when used to examine videotaped gait in individuals post-stroke. Archives of Physiotherapy. 2015; 5(11). doi:10.1186/s40945-015-0011-z
- Palombaro KM, Campbell SL, Black JD. Geriatric Screening as an Educational Tool: A Case Report. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 2014; 28(2): 54-9.
- Lattanzi JB, Campbell SL, Dole RL, Palombaro KM. Students Mentoring Students in a Service-Learning Clinical Supervision Experience: An Educational Case Report. Phys Ther. 2011; 91(10): 1513-24.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Trainer, Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program, American Physical Therapy Association (2006–present)