The Presidential Inauguration of Stacey Robertson
Stacey Robertson was installed as Widener's 11th president on April 13, 2023.
Photos, Video & More
From Harrisburg to Delaware, and every stop in between, the Widener community had so much to celebrate. Relive the excitement and pride captured in the inauguration coverage.
Get to Know Stacey Robertson
Inauguration Week Schedule & Details
Browse full event details by day below or see all events at-a-glance here.
Widener Law Commonwealth: Community Lunch
Library/Classroom Building, Second Floor, The Pit
12:30 - 2 p.m.
- Faculty, staff, and students of Widener's Commonwealth Law School are cordially invited to a community-wide luncheon to share their Widener Pride and celebrate the inauguration of Dr. Robertson.
Widener Law Commonwealth: Student Reception
Gallery of the Administration Building, 3737 Vartan Way, Harrisburg, PA
4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Widener Law Commonwealth extended division students, along with regular division students who are unable to join the community lunch earlier in the day, are invited to stop by late afternoon to celebrate and connect with Dr. Robertson. Light refreshments will be served.
The Mill in Hershey, 810 Old West Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA
6 - 8 p.m.
- Alumni, faculty, staff, donors, students, and friends from all three campuses are invited to join Dr. Robertson for an evening of celebration and networking.
Water Ice and Ice Cream Social
Bown Garden, Chester Campus
3 - 4 p.m.
- Join Dr. Robertson for two of her favorite things – ice cream and connecting with students! This informal campus event is open to everyone – students, faculty, staff, and neighbors – so be sure to join us for a sweet treat and some fellowship!
Alumni Awards Celebration
Lathem Hall, Chester Campus
6 – 8 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Widener University Alumni Association, the Alumni Awards Celebration recognizes Chester campus alumni for outstanding achievements in their profession, community, and/or for the university. Each recipient has brought honor and distinction to the university in their own unique way.
Breakfast Reception with Community Lecture & Panel Discussion
Delaware Law Campus
Breakfast - 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., Strine Atrium, Main Law Building, 1st Floor
Lecture - 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m., Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom, Main Law Building
- All faculty, staff, and students are invited to join Dr. Robertson for coffee and breakfast to help fuel their day. Then stay for a panel discussion about human dignity law and Delaware. Dignity recognizes every person’s inherent, equal worth. Widener University Delaware Law School has the world’s first and only Dignity Law Institute, which aims to advance dignity in law and legal practice. This program showcases the role the Institute plays in advancing dignity in Delaware, including indigenous and environmental rights and criminal justice reform.
Sun Hill Neighborhood/Washington Park and Bown Garden, Chester Campus
3 – 6 p.m.
- One of Dr. Robertson’s first activities as our new president was a tour of Chester. She fell in love with Chester, its history, and its people from the very first stop at the Boys and Girls Club. Join students, alumni, faculty, staff, neighbors, and elected officials as we continue our legacy of community engagement in our neighborhood by helping us beautify Sun Hill and Washington Park from 3 – 5p.m. When the clean-up concludes, those who participated will be treated to President Robertson’s favorite comfort foods from Zac’s Burgers food truck from 5 – 6 p.m!
Hidden History of Widener Tour
Departs from Alumni Auditorium, Chester Campus
10 – 11 a.m.
- The Hidden History of Widener tour seeks to narrate a conjoined history of Chester and the university in the mid-twentieth century. Uncover details about this "hidden history" by taking the QR-code enabled tour (available all day) or attending the 10am "curator's tour" led by two student creators and their faculty advisor.
Taste of Chester
University Center Atrium, Chester Campus
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
No RSVP required. First-come, first-served
- Chester’s food scene is hot – you just have to know where to go! But don’t worry about that as we are bringing the flavorful food directly to you! Join us in the University Center Atrium as Chester vendors dish out tastes of their signature foods and promote their small businesses. We guarantee you’ll come away with lots of new restaurants to try! (RSVP not required; first come, first serve.)
History Panel: “Chained in Silence – Black Women and Convict Labor in the New South”
Lathem Hall, Chester Campus
2 – 3:30 p.m.
- If you’ve met President Robertson, you’ve learned about her love of history – especially the 19th Century history of the United States, her area of expertise. Join us for an absolutely fascinating lecture by Dr. Talitha L. LeFlouria, Associate Professor of History and Fellow of the Mastin Gentry White Professorship in Southern History at the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. LeFlouria’s book, Chained in Silence: Black Women and Convict Labor in the New South “is the first history of Black, working-class incarcerated women in the post-Civil War period.” President Robertson will join Dr. LeFlouria after her talk to moderate questions and facilitate what will be a fascinating discussion. Post event, all attendees are invited to continue the conversation over afternoon desserts from 3-3:30 p.m. All are invited!
Muller Hall, Chester Campus
9 – 11 a.m.
- See what's new on campus with a student-led tour. Tours run every 30 minutes.
Schwartz Athletic Center Gymnasium, Chester Campus
- Witness history in the making as President Robertson is installed as Widener’s 11th president. Admission is free and open to all who wish to attend. A link to register will be made available shortly.
Inauguration Reception Celebration
University Center Atrium and adjoining fire pit, Chester Campus
4 – 6 p.m.
- With the traditional ceremony concluded, now it’s time to celebrate! It wouldn’t be a party without our entire Widener family in attendance, so grab your fellow students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends for an epically fun conclusion to our inauguration week festivities!
This event will feature a wide selection of foods designed to accommodate all dietary preferences and restrictions.