Next Generation Scientists Summer Mini-camp (6/20-6/23)
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
The Next Generation Scientists Summer Camp provides an excellent opportunity for budding high school age scientists to explore subjects as diverse as astronomy, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, environmental science, sustainability, mathematics, meteorology, climatology, and physics. The program allows students to witness scientific experimentation and discovery while providing a unique opportunity to meet with college faculty who are also professional scientists, along with Widener undergraduate science majors. Tuition is only $250 per student with a $50 discount for each additional age-appropriate sibling who enrolls. Please email Meghan Klems, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the discount code. We are confident that your child/children will find our summer program to be stimulating and rewarding.
- Camp Dates: June 20-23 (Tuesday-Friday) In Person at Widener University!
- Cost: $250 for one child, with reduced tuition of $50 for each additional age-appropriate sibling that enrolls. Please email Meghan Klems at email@example.com for the sibling discount code prior to completing your payment.
- Scholarship: Students from the Chester Upland School District may apply for a scholarship using the following link: https://www.jotform.com/build/230264177944157
- Grade Level as of Fall 2021: 8-12 (currently in 7-11)
- Deadline for application: June 12. Confirmation emails are not instantaneous.
- Format: In person
- Featured activities:
- Workshops in disciplines of astronomy, biochemistry, mathematics, and physics.
- Green workshops in biology, environmental science, meteorology, climatology, sustainability, green chemistry, and a tour of Taylor Arboretum.
- All workshops led by Widener Science faculty
- Stargazing night at the Widener Observatory
- Interactions with current science undergraduates
- Certificates of achievement awarded to students who complete all workshop
For disability accommodations, please contact the science division at (610) 499-4003 at least two weeks prior to the event. In all situations, a good faith effort (up until the time of the event) will be made to provide these accommodations.