Next Generation Scientists Virtual Summer Mini-camp (7/12-7/16)
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
The Next Generation Scientists Virtual Summer Minicamp provides an excellent opportunity for budding scientists of high school age to explore subjects as diverse as astronomy, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology, mathematics, meteorology/climatology, and physics. The program allows students to witness scientific experimentation and discovery. It also provides a unique opportunity to meet online with college faculty who are also professional scientists, along with Widener undergraduate science majors. Tuition is only $75 per student, and $50 for each additional sibling who enrolls. We are confident that your child/children will find our virtual summer program to be stimulating and rewarding.
- Camp Dates: July 12-16 (Monday-Friday)
- Cost: Cost: $75 for one child, with reduced tuition of $50 for each additional sibling that enrolls. Please email Meghan Klems at email@example.com for the sibling discount code prior to completing your payment.
- Grade Level as of Fall 2021: 7-12 (currently in 6-11)
- Deadline for application: June 28
- Format: Zoom
- Featured activities:
- Workshops in disciplines of astronomy, biology, chemistry, environmental science, mathematics, and physics
- Special workshops on geology and meteorology/climatology
- All workshops led by Widener Science faculty
- Virtual tour of the Taylor Arboretum at Widener University
- Virtual tour showing nocturnal wildlife in southeastern Pennsylvania
- Virtual stargazing night at the Widener Observatory
- Virtual interactions with current science undergraduates
- Certificates of achievement awarded to students who complete all workshops
For disability accommodations, please contact the science division at (610) 499-4003 at least two weeks prior to the event. In all situations, a good faith effort (up until the time of the event) will be made to provide these accommodations.