Next Generation Scientists Summer Mini-camp (6/21-6/24)
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
The Next Generation Scientists Summer Minicamp provides an excellent opportunity for budding scientists of high school age to explore subjects as diverse as astronomy, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology, mathematics, meteorology/climatology, and physics. The program allows students to witness scientific experimentation and discovery. It also provides a unique opportunity to meet online with college faculty who are also professional scientists, along with Widener undergraduate science majors. Tuition is only $200 per student with a $50 discount for each additional sibling who enrolls. Please email Meghan Klems for the discount code. We are confident that your child/children will find our summer program to be stimulating and rewarding.
- Camp Dates: June 21-24 (Tuesday-Friday)
- Cost: Cost: $200 for one child, with reduced tuition of $50 for each additional sibling that enrolls. Please email Meghan Klems at firstname.lastname@example.org for the sibling discount code prior to completing your payment.
- Grade Level as of Fall 2021: 8-12 (currently in 7-11)
- Deadline for application: June 13
- Format: In person
- Featured activities:
- Workshops in disciplines of astronomy, biology, chemistry, environmental science, mathematics, and physics
- Special workshops on geology and meteorology/climatology
- All workshops led by Widener Science faculty
- Tour of the Taylor Arboretum at Widener University
- Tour showing nocturnal wildlife in southeastern Pennsylvania
- Stargazing night at the Widener Observatory
- Interactions with current science undergraduates
- Certificates of achievement awarded to students who complete all workshops
For disability accommodations, please contact the science division at (610) 499-4003 at least two weeks prior to the event. In all situations, a good faith effort (up until the time of the event) will be made to provide these accommodations.