Pride Scholars Accelerated College Program
Save a full year of time and tuition by earning college credits before you graduate high school.
Providing Value & Affordability
Save Big on College Tuition
- Take courses at a highly discounted rate of only $500/course through our Center for Graduate & Continuing Studies.
- Receive a guaranteed scholarship if you decide to attend Widener, which will include a “credit” of the discounted tuition you paid toward Widener courses during your high school years.
Fast Track to a Master's Degree
By earning up to 30 college credits in high school, you can accelerate your Widener education and complete a bachelor's degree in three years and a master's degree in year four (we call this the "3+1 track"). You'll graduate on the same timeline as your peers, but with an advanced degree, putting you on the inside track to higher-level positions and earning potential.
Embark on Your Business Education
Envisioning a future in business? Pursue the Pride Business Scholars Program and get a running start on your business education.
- Take up to three business major courses as part of your 30 credits of college coursework.
- Gain insider access to academic and professional programs in your first year at Widener, including visits with corporate partners, networking events with industry leaders, trips to business hubs in New York City and Washington, D.C., and more.
How to Apply to the Pride Scholars Accelerated College Program
High school sophomores are eligible to apply to the program.
To apply, you must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA, submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor, and submit the online application as follows:
- Have a copy of your most recent transcript ready to upload.
- Visit go.widener.edu/apply to complete our simple application.
- Complete the application by choosing "Continuing Studies, "Non-Degree" and "High School" Students.
Following completion of the application, a Widener Student Success Advisor will meet with qualified students for an advising appointment, review earned and planned AP/IB coursework, and develop a plan for taking additional individual courses at Widener during their high school career.
This course plan will be tailored to meet each individual student’s needs and intended major.
For High School and District Leaders
Interested in having Widener host an information session about the Pride Scholars Accelerated College Program in your school or district? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to plan a session for your students and families.