Lori Felker, DHSc
- Program Director, Institute for Physician Assistant Education
- Health Sciences
- Doctor of Health Science, Concentration in Global Health (2017)
Nova Southeastern University (FL)
- Master's, Physician Assistant Studies (2011)
University of Nebraska Medical Center (NE)
- Certificate, Physician Assistant Studies (2000)
Hahnemann University (PA)
- BS, Health and Exercise Science (1995)
Eastern University (PA)
I am a highly motivated, compassionate physician assistant with a doctorate in health science with a concentration in global health. I have had an exciting twenty year career in emergency medicine and urgent care. I am honored to be the founding director of the physician assistant program at Widener University where I can foster my passion for service learning, and community engagement. I have engaged in medical missions trips to Guatemala, Haiti, and Nicaragua to immerse myself in the health care needs of these countries. I am a distinguished member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and Distinguished Alumni of the Drexel University Physician Assistant program.
- Service learning
- Community engagement
- Medical science
- Global health
- Health science
- Felker L, Felker E, Scott D. Long-standing invasive squamous cell carcinoma in a 55-year-old man. Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants. 2013;26(12):31-34. doi:10.1097/01.jaa.0000437821.53655.38.
- Felker L. Helping hands, healing hearts: All in the family. PA Professional. 2013;5(6):28-39.
- Felker L. Tinea. In: EMRA Antibiotic Guide. 15th ed. 2013. Emergency Medicine Residents' Association. Irving, TX.
- Felker L. Mastitis. In: EMRA Antibiotic Guide. 16th ed. 2014. Emergency Medicine Residents' Association. Irving, TX.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- NCCPA Certified
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)
- Distinguished Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Distinguished Alumni, Drexel University Physician Assistant Program
- Nominee Christiana Care Advanced Practice Provider Excellence Award (2019)
- Widener Shows Support at Black Doctors Consortium Walk-a-Thon
Members of the Widener community participated in this year's Next Step: From Freedom to Equity Walk-A-Thon and Health Fair hosted by the Black Doctors Consortium and the Dr. Ala Stanford Center for Health Equity. The event drew supporters to the two-mile march up Broad Street in North Philadelphia to bring awareness to local racial health disparities. Rhonda Hazell, associate professor and coordinator of clinical anatomy, organized the Widener team and was joined by Katie Hershede, vice president for strategic initiatives and chief of staff, Anali Falcon '23, Lori Felker, director of the Institute for Physician Assistant Education, Ijjae Hill '25, Jill Black, associate dean of College of Health & Human Services and director of Institute for Physical Therapy, and Colleen Chancler, assistant professor.
(Photo left to right: Katie Hershede, Anali Falcon, Rhonda Hazell, Lori Felker, Ijjae Hill, Jill Black, and Colleen Chancler.)