Lori Felker, DHSc
- Program Director, Institute for Physician Assistant Education
- Health Sciences
Programs I Teach
- Doctor of Health Science, Concentration in Global Health (2017)
Nova Southeastern University (FL)
- Master's, Physician Assistant Studies (2011)
University of Nebraska Medical Center (NE)
- Certificate, Physician Assistant Studies (2000)
Hahnemann University (PA)
- BS, Health and Exercise Science (1995)
Eastern University (PA)
I am a highly motivated, compassionate physician assistant with a doctorate in health science with a concentration in global health. I have had an exciting twenty year career in emergency medicine and urgent care. I am honored to be the founding director of the physician assistant program at Widener University where I can foster my passion for service learning, and community engagement. I have engaged in medical missions trips to Guatemala, Haiti, and Nicaragua to immerse myself in the health care needs of these countries. I am a distinguished member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and Distinguished Alumni of the Drexel University Physician Assistant program.
- Service learning
- Community engagement
- Medical science
- Global health
- Health science
- Felker L, Felker E, Scott D. Long-standing invasive squamous cell carcinoma in a 55-year-old man. Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants. 2013;26(12):31-34. doi:10.1097/01.jaa.0000437821.53655.38.
- Felker L. Helping hands, healing hearts: All in the family. PA Professional. 2013;5(6):28-39.
- Felker L. Tinea. In: EMRA Antibiotic Guide. 15th ed. 2013. Emergency Medicine Residents' Association. Irving, TX.
- Felker L. Mastitis. In: EMRA Antibiotic Guide. 16th ed. 2014. Emergency Medicine Residents' Association. Irving, TX.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- NCCPA Certified
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)
- Distinguished Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Distinguished Alumni, Drexel University Physician Assistant Program
- Nominee Christiana Care Advanced Practice Provider Excellence Award (2019)